Chapter 59

*4 Months Later*

Peter's POV

I walked onto the quinjet, checking my messages.

None.

I quickly spotted Wanda as she sat with her eyes closed.

"Hey!" I said, gaining her attention. "How is she?"

"Lyric is fine, Peter. She's been in Bucharest for a few months. Says it's beautiful and quiet." Wanda replied. I smiled to myself.

"I'm glad she's happy," I said quietly. I had to be glad she's happy after I went and screwed up her mood again.

Everything was fine with our friends with benefits situation until suddenly it wasn't.

Lyric got distant with me and kept snapping every time I wanted to hang out. Maybe she found someone else? Or maybe she just didn't want me anymore.

One day she just left, said she was taking a vacation to clear her head. She asked if I wanted to go and I, forever the idiot, declined. I hadn't heard from her since.

"Parker, I need you to go with Wanda and Barnes. There's a situation that needs defusing." Tony said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Sure. Where are we heading anyway?" I agreed.

"Bucharest." My eyes widened in hope.

"Maybe we'll see Lyric," I mumbled.

The quinjet landed and Wanda, Bucky, and I took off to our destination. There was a building that collapsed and Wanda gasped.

"What's up?" Bucky asked.

"This is where Lyric was staying. She sent pictures." She frowned. We all ran towards the building. Bucky ran towards a woman looking up at the destroyed building.

"Domnișoară, totul este în regulă? (Miss, is everything all right?)" He asked.

"Femeia gravidă ne-a salva! Ne-a luat pe toți din clădire! (The pregnant woman saved us! She took us all out of the building!)" The woman spoke excitedly. Bucky looked around before spotting something.

"This way." He said to us. We followed to see a woman tending to a little boy with a small cut on his forehead.

"Ești foarte curajos. Ți-ai salvat mama și sora astăzi. Esti un erou. (You are very brave. You saved your mother and sister today. You are a hero.)" The woman spoke softly. Her hair was up in a bun and her back to us.

"Păpuşă. (Doll.)" Bucky said. The woman turned and I gasped.

"Lyric?" I frowned. She stood up and looked at me nervously.

"Hey, Peter." Lyric said quietly. Bucky walked toward her and placed a hand on her stomach.

"Cand s-a intamplat asta? (When did this happen?)" He asked.

"Tată, vom vorbi mai târziu. (Dad, we'll talk later.)" Lyric replied. After checking on the civilians, we walked back to the quinjet. In the quinjet, everyone was waiting for us to return.

"How was everything over the-" Steve started before he caught sight of Lyric next to Bucky. Everyone did.

"Hey, guys. What's new?" She smiled awkwardly.

"So when were you gonna mention this in your texts, Darlin?" Steve said softly, placing a hand on his daughter's shoulder. Lyric just shrugged.

"How far along are you?" Nat asked.

"Nearly five months."

"Have you had any check-ups?" Bruce frowned.

"The first three months I did." Lyric nodded.

"Helen's at the compound, we'll check you out." The quinjet took off, awkward silence and all. Everyone had questions but no one wanted to ask them. I knew I had a bunch of questions.

We landed at the tower and Lyric followed Bruce to the lab, Steve and Bucky close behind.

"Peter, you okay? You're white as a ghost." Pietro asked.

"I need to rest." I dismissed, walking to my room to clear my head.

I woke up to solid knocks on my door.

"Come in." I yawned. Lyric peeked her head in, before fully entering, closing the door.

"You missed dinner." She said, looking everywhere but at me. I sat up and patted the spot on the bed next to me.

"C'mere." I offered. She made her way over to the bed and sat next to me.

"When were you gonna tell me?" I asked.

"Good question. I was trying to figure that one out too." Lyric mumbled.

"You've only been seeing me?"

"Yeah."

"So that's my...?" Lyric sniffled and wiped a tear from her eye as she nodded.

"Why? Why run from me and hide this?" I pleaded, searching for an answer.

"It was just sex." She spat. I pulled her into my arms, holding her tightly.

"No, it wasn't. I thought that's what you saw it as. Lyric, I never stopped loving you, I can't." I said, honestly because it never was just sex to me. Even when I offered it as "just sex" I knew how I felt about her and I had made peace with the pain I would no doubt experience. But now...she's carrying my child.

"I was just scared, I mean we were always safe using condoms every time. When I was late, I panicked and just left. I didn't take a test until after I left and...Peter, I was terrified and ecstatic at the same time when the results came back positive." Lyric looked at me with those brown eyes rimmed with red. I've seen her cry so many times, but it doesn't get easier.

"You don't have to be scared. I'm not leaving you and our baby." I vowed

"Babies, Peter." Lyric exhaled.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Bruce and Helen told me we're having twins." At that moment everything faded away and all I could see was Lyric, glowing, with our children. Twins. The girl I love was pregnant with twins. Suddenly it became very clear. Lyric and everything about her is my world.

"Marry me?" I asked, a smile on my face.

"Huh?"