Chapter 80

*10 Years Later*

Peter's POV

"Nata! Where are you?" I called looking around the compound. I heard a giggle nearby, hinting that I was close.

"I wonder where my princess could be?" I pondered loudly.

"Boo!" A high pitched voice squealed. I looked down to see half of Natalia peeking out through the compound wall. I grabbed her and pulled her out.

"I thought you said no powers, cheater!" I teased, tickling her sides.

"Daddy!" Natalia giggled. I kissed her cheek and allowed her to climb up on my back.

"How about we go find mommy, brother, and sister? Then you gotta see Bruce." I stated.

"More needles?" Natalia frowned.

"Probably, but you're so strong! I know you can handle it."

"I'm strong like Papa and Bubba!" We walked to the training center where Iris was yelling at PJ.

"Get me out of these webs, Junior!" She screamed.

"Get yourself out, Miss Empath, oh wait you can't because it's not a useful power!" Junior taunted.

"Peter Benjamin Parker Jr, get your sister out of your webs!" I called. Both kids looked at me and quieted instantly.

"Yeah, dad." Junior conceded. I looked around the room but couldn't find Lyric.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"Uncle Tony called her out to the mission room, said it was urgent," Iris answered. Urgent? What the hell is going on?

"I want all three of you to stay here. I'll be back." I said, putting down Natalia. I made my way to the mission room and saw Lyric, Tony, Bruce, Steve, and Bucky all standing in a circle.

"What's going on?" I asked. Lyric turned to me, her eyes glowing green.

"Peter, you're supposed to be with Talia." She said.

"The kids are all together. Now, what's the problem?"

"It's not your problem, it's mine." My eyes widened at Lyric's answer as she never said that to me before. We were always together with everything.

"Peter, I think she needs time," Steve said softly.

"I think she can speak for herself." Lyric snapped, storming past me. I reached out to grab her arm, but Bruce stopped me.

"Don't." He warned.

"What did you guys tell her?" I frowned.

"This is something that Lyric has to worry about right now. When she wants to bring everyone up to speed, she will. Until then, don't you have an appointment with Bruce?" Tony said sharply. Looking closer, I could see that he and Bucky were super tense.

"I do. Um...Bruce I'll get Natalia and meet you in the lab." I replied, feeling rather subdued. Bruce agreed as I left the room. What the hell has been going on with Lyric? For the past month, she's been acting weird, but she never iced me out like this. I could feel myself starting to get worried.

Lyric's POV

I sat on my old bed, now looking more like a guest room. The grey walls stared back at me as my leg bounced in anger. I grew up here and soon it would all be gone.

"Doll, don't do this." I turned to see Dad at the door frame.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled. He sat next to me and grabbed the hand sitting on my shaking leg.

"You're not alone." He promised. I snatched my hand back and narrowed my eyes up at him

"Well, it sure as hell feels like I am!" I spat. The silence that followed was deafening. Dad sighed, his head looking up to the ceiling,

"You probably don't remember this, but I will never forget it." He said wistfully. "A few days after Steve rescued you, you told me 'Everyone always leaves.' Well, since then, I've fought tooth and nail to come back to you, because you're not alone. You are my family and I'll do all I can to protect you." His tone was stern. I looked away from him, fighting away the burning feeling in my nose.

"You...you can't help me with this. I know you can't. I'm just so tired." I confessed.

"You'll make the right decision, whatever you choose."

"Neither of the choices give happy endings, Dad. I don't think you realize that."

"You say that as if there are only 2 options." Dad stood up and left me brooding by myself. I'm tired of making big decisions.