Chapter 46

*3 Months Later*

Lyric's POV

I sat at the kitchen table, my face set in a scowl. Jamie sat across from me, shoveling the warm pasta in her mouth.

How is it that bad things just waltz into my life uninvited?

We were celebrating the news that uncle Tony and Pepper would be having a girl when Jamie came in (getting passed security how??) asking for help.

"What are you doing here?" I spat.

"Sister, I need your help," Jamie said timidly. I laughed dryly.

"Sister? You and I, we're no better than Cain and Abel! You were ready to let me die. What could I possibly help you with?" I barked. Peter, probably hearing my outburst, walked into the kitchen. Jamie immediately looked at him and her face relaxed.

"You...you're the one who saved me." She said softly.

"H-how do you know that?!" Peter stuttered.

"In the car, I came to and saw you, driving me away from the warehouse. You saved my life. What's your name?"

"His name is Lyric's boyfriend, that's what it is." I hissed, pulling Peter to me.

"Lyric, this is your sister we're talking about," Peter whispered in my ear.

"She wanted me dead, Peter. I can't exactly forgive that."

"Come on. She has nobody."

"I didn't tell her to kill mom!"

"Listen, I'll handle her because I know you don't want anything bad to happen to her, deep down." Peter walked over to Jamie and offered his hand.

"I'm Peter." He smiled politely.

"Jamie." She smiled back. I rolled my eyes and left the kitchen. Is this how Peter felt when Thomas was here?

~~~

Life went on with Jamie now staying with us, I guess. She spends most of her time with Bruce since he's in charge of her education. Poor Bruce, he's had to teach too many lessons.

I sat in my office filing papers when the phone rang.

"Hello, you've reached Mr. Stark's assistant. How can I help you?" I answered.

"Hi, I'm calling to confirm my 1:30 meeting with Mr. Stark?" A male voice responded.

"Can I get your name, sir?"

"Jack, Jack Winchester." I glanced up at the clock and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Mr. Winchester, are you aware that it is 1:29?" I asked. Just then the door opened and a man walked in with blue eyes, brown hair falling slightly over one of his eyes, and a playful smile on his lips.

"Just wanted to be sure." The man laughed. I heard his voice through the phone as well and looked up with understanding before hanging up the phone.

"How nice of you to be on time, Mr. Winchester." I chuckled.

"Please, call me Jack. Mr. Winchester is way too formal." Jack smiled. Tony walked out of his office and smiled at Jack.

"Jack! You're right on time, son!" He cheered pulling Jack into a hug. I watched wondering who the hell is this Jack person and since when did Tony Stark call people son?

"Lyric, this is Pepper's cousin, Jack. He's here to interview for a job in the lab." Tony explained looking over at me. Jack nodded and looked at me.

"I'm an engineer, fresh out of college." He winked. I decided to humor him and act very impressed.

"Wow, cute and smart. You make someone very lucky Mr. Winchester." I snickered.

"I've sort of been saving myself for the famous Lyric I've heard so much about." Jack hinted. I looked over at Tony, 

"You talk about me?" 

"I have one niece so yes I do talk about you." He scoffed. I laughed and nodded to Jack.

"It is I, live and in person." I teased.

"More beautiful in person too." Jack smiled. Alright, time to burst his bubble.

"Did Tony also mention my lovely boyfriend, Peter Parker, whom I love very much?" I smiled back.

"Nope, but I wish he did before I went and made a fool of myself." Jack laughed, making me join in.

"It's fine, Jack. I hope you get the job." I offered.

"I do too." He walked into the room and I looked at Tony.

"I'm taking my break," I announced.

"Ok just make sure you, like, actually come back to work after." He called sarcastically.

"Always." I left the office and made my way up to the living area. In the kitchen, Peter sat with Jamie, laughing over something. I tried to push down my annoyance. I was gonna try to be civil because I'm just such a forgiving person...or at least I'm trying to be.

"Hey, guys." I smiled, peering into the fridge.

"Hey Lyric," Jamie replied.

"Hey, baby." Peter smiled back. I grabbed an apple and sat next to Peter.

"Petey, you on break right now too?" I asked.

"Yeah, I found Jamie in here when I came up." He said smiling back over at Jamie.

"And what have you been up to?" I asked her.

"Pietro and Sam went running with me earlier and Bruce was teaching me. I absolutely hate Geometry." Jamie replied.

"I'm sorry, how old are you again?" Peter frowned.

"I'm 16."

"So you were born after dad left mom," I confirmed.

"Yeah, but Lyric, what was dad like?" Jamie asked timidly. I smiled, thinking back to the videos and my own memories.

"Dad...he was an amazing person and sweet. He believed in his kids and he loved his family. He would've loved you, Jamie, unconditionally." I answered softly. Sure, she tried to kill me, but she was as much a victim to mom as I was I guess. Jamie smiled and wiped a tear forming in her eye.

"Wow, he's completely different from mom. I wish I had someone like Dad growing up. Mom never believed in me." She sniffled. Peter looked at me before placing a hand on Jamie's shoulder.

"We believe in you J. I know you're gonna do great things," Peter said encouragingly.

"Peter...thank you...thank you both so much," Jamie said gratefully. Truthfully, it felt good, somewhat bonding with my sister. I looked down at my phone and groaned.

"Shit! Tony forgot to hire a party planner for the gala coming up, so now it's gonna be up to me to plan the whole thing." I complained. Peter kissed my cheek, rubbing my back.

"You can handle it. My girl can handle anything." He smiled. I laughed and stood up.

"I'll catch up with you guys later," I said before heading back down to the business floor. As I walked into the office, Jack was walking out.

"How'd the interview go?" I asked.

"Well I wasn't completely on my game since this gorgeous girl just told me she's taken, but I think I managed pretty well." Jack teased. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Good to hear it, Jack. I'm sure you did great." I smiled.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll see you around if everything goes well?"

"I look forward to it." Jack left and I took my seat behind the computer, going to work to plan this party.