Chapter 26

*2 Weeks Later*

Lyric's POV

Almost all of them accepted me back. All except for Steve. I have been back for about 2 weeks now and I have yet to see him. He's most definitely avoiding me though Dad just assures me he needs time.

But I gave him 5 months.

I sat in front of my mirror combing out my short curls before slicking my hair back in a bun with my EcoStyler. A knock came from the door and I saw Dad in my door frame, his arms crossed and hair in a bun like mine but way less finessed.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"No, but I'm coming," I replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Steve will come around."

"We haven't even seen each other. He's avoiding me, Dad. I think I hurt him too much for forgiveness."

"No, you didn't. He's just a stubborn asshole." At this, I chuckled. Dad smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Now seriously, you got everything you need?" He repeated.

"I only carry around knives and those are strapped onto the thigh of my suit."

"Alright then, let's go." I followed Dad out of the room and we walked to the living room. Everyone was standing there talking to one another. Everyone except Steve.

Peter noticed me and smiled. I smiled back at him, my ears slowly becoming hot. Peter and I have gotten...closer, to say the least. Make out sessions have started to get a bit more hot and heavy, but we haven't gone all the way. I mean, it's such a foreign topic and very awkward. It's not like I have anyone to ask who wouldn't freak out about it. Wanda walked over to me, nudging my shoulder lightly.

"Hey, don't look so down. It's a simple mission. Capture the terrorists and that's all." She smiled. Wanda, even after all I did to her, was quick to forgive me. I wish Steve could do the same...snapping myself out of my thoughts, I gave a small smile and nodded.

"You're right." I agreed.

"Alright everyone, on the jet. We don't have time to waste." His voice commanded. I turned to see Steve in his uniform. He looked so different. His hair was longer and he grew out his beard. This...this isn't the same man I left. I was about to board when Steve blocked my way.

"Can you handle this?" He asked. I stuttered, surprised by his question.

"Y-Yeah, of course." All I got was a small nod before he turned to the quinjet.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out, loud enough for him to hear. Steve only faltered momentarily before continuing on the jet. I sighed and followed. I sat next to Peter who took my hand in his.

"You okay? You don't look too good." He asked.

"I have a bad feeling, Pete," I confessed, leaning into my boyfriend's chest.

"It's probably just nerves. To be honest, I'm kinda nervous too, but we can come back as soon as the mission's over and watch Netflix or something."

"I'd like that." Peter smiled and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes for what seemed like a minute, but when I opened them we had landed.

"Alright, we get out there and people will be screaming. Civilians have been taken hostage and some are running around terrified. Be careful." Steve explained. We all nodded and left to go fight the battle. Peter and I were helping civilians; Wanda and Pietro were also evacuating those who were confused; Uncle Tony, Sam, and Vision were helping people who were trapped in buildings; Dad, Steve, Natasha, and Clint were working on the terrorists. All in all, everyone was contained in their stations, so it was no surprise when I saw Steve, Dad, Nat, and Clint walk out with the terrorists. It was almost too easy. I sighed in relief until something caught my eye. The terrorist Steve was holding...he had a type of button.