Chapter 34

Peter's POV

Winter break was my favorite part of January. A break from school and a chance to just stay home, but in this case, I could go to my girlfriend's house and cuddle while watching Netflix.

I entered the living room, shrugging off my winter coat, leaving me in my blue flannel and white v-neck. Bruce and Sam sat in the living room watching some show when I came in.

"Hey, Peter. Lyric's in the lab." Bruce explained.

"Thanks, Dr. Banner." I smiled.

"Jeez Parker, maybe you should just move in here. You're practically here all the time." Sam teased.

"Then I'd have to run into you every morning at breakfast Birdman." Bruce laughed as Sam looked a bit embarrassed. I laughed to myself and made my way down to the lab.

Lyric sat on the lab table as Thomas worked on some machine next to her. Truthfully, I'm getting really tired of seeing Thomas wherever my girlfriend is.

"Hey." I smiled, entering the room. Lyric looked at me, her smile growing wider. Okay, that did make me feel better.

"Hey, you! I didn't think you were coming today." Lyric jumped off the table and put herself in my arms. I could feel Thomas glaring at me, but it just made me hold her tighter.

"Tommy, you should show Peter what you made. You two would have a field day geeking out over it." Lyric smiled, breaking our embrace. Tommy?

"What is it?" I asked, my arm slung across Lyric's shoulders keeping her near me.

"It takes positive thoughts and ideas, and turns them into an energy source," Thomas explained, picking up the machine that was clearly a helmet with a lightbulb at the top. Okay, that's stupid, but whatever.

"Put it on Thomas and show him how it works." Lyric pushed. Thomas smiled at her and strapped the helmet on. Immediately the helmet began to give off a bright light.

"Wow, that's really bright," I commented.

"The more positive the thought, the brighter the light. It's supposed to encourage people to think better thoughts." Thomas stated.

"What are you thinking about?" Lyric asked. Thomas looked at her and I swear the light got brighter.

"The most positive person I know." He winked. Lyric laughed and rolled her eyes.

"You're such a dork." She scoffed playfully. I found nothing amusing about his statement.

Lyric and I were up in her room, her lips pressed to mine as The Office played as background music to our make-out session. I placed my hand on the nape of her neck trying to pull her in closer.

"I'm starting to think you like the sound of Michael Scott more than me. We're always making out to The Office." Lyric teased, nipping my bottom lip playfully.

"What can I say? Michael Scott gets me going, but you carry me to the finish line." I smirked, pulling her shirt off of her body.

"Miss Rogers-Barnes, Mister Smith requires your assistant in the lab." FRIDAY's voice pulled us apart.

"Tell him I'll be there in 5 minutes." Lyric replied.

"Who the hell is Mister Smith?" I asked.

"Thomas."

"You stopped making out with me...because Thomas called?" Lyric looked at me as she pulled her shirt back on, once again hiding her chest from me. So long girls...

"Uncle Tony and Bruce are out at a conference and they said if Thomas needs anything I'm to help him." She stated.

"Lyr, I don't like you around Thomas."

"Peter, what's your problem with Thomas? He hasn't done anything to you."

"He obviously has a crush on you and you're not doing anything to curb that crush. There's no reason that he should think he has a chance with you." Lyric shook her head before kissing me.

"I'm wearing your ring Bug boy, don't forget." I took her hand and kissed the ring, looking into her eyes.

"Sorry, I just get jealous sometimes. I trust you." I promised.

Lyric left and 5 minutes turned to 15 minutes which then turned to 30 minutes. I waited a whole hour for her to come back and when she didn't, I went down to the lab after her.

When I got down there I saw Thomas with a case of beer, offering Lyric a bottle.

"Lyr, I was wondering what was taking so long," I said loudly. Thomas groaned, looking over at me.

"What's up, Parker, feeling needy?" He sneered. I felt my ears grow hot as I had to fight back the urge to punch him in the face.

"I had to monitor the energy levels on this machine while Tommy went out. Sorry, I took so long." She apologized, the unopened bottle of beer in her hand. Thomas noticed me looking at the bottle in Lyric's hand and smirked at me.

"You want one, Pete? I don't mind sharing." He shoved a bottle in my face and I nearly smacked it out of his hand.

"I'm fine, Thomas." I hissed. I looked back over at Lyric and pleaded with my eyes. I just wanted her away from him.

"I'm heading out now," I said. Lyric got up and came to my side.

"I'll walk you out. Let me just grab my coat." She said, placing a hand on my shoulder. She left Thomas and I in the lab, glaring at each other.

"Well, you're a buzzkill. Couldn't even let your girl take a sip?" Thomas asked, taking a swig of his drink.

"Not from you. She can get a drink anywhere else."

"Didn't take you for the insecure type...or maybe I did." His smirk was infuriating.

"Stay away from my girlfriend, Thomas, I mean it," I growled.

"Am I around your girlfriend or is she around me?" I was about to retaliate when Lyric came in.

"You ready to go?" She asked. I nodded and took her hand in mine.

"See ya later, Parker," Thomas called, making my jaw clench.

Outside the tower, the cold air chilled me to the bone. Lyric stood across from me, a grey knit beanie (mine) sitting on her head and a grey sweater (also mine) providing her some warmth.

"Sorry about the whole Thomas thing. I don't want you to think there's anything between us, Peter, honestly." She said quietly. I looked into her innocent brown eyes and shook my head.

"It's not you that I don't trust Lyric, it's him," I explained. I pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" Lyric nodded and I gave her a small smile,

"Love you."

"I love you too, Bug." I walked away my mind running wild with thoughts of jealousy. I had to find a way to get Thomas out of the tower.