Chapter 49

A/N: Just realized I never put y'all on to what Jack looks like *insert surprised Pikachu meme*

(In case we haven't figured out that I'm Supernatural Trash™)

Peter's POV

I sat in the lab, looking at a sample under the microscope when I heard the elevator open. Weird, it's almost 10 o'clock.

"I'm coming home now...I just stopped by the lab, Lyric...I promise I won't start a new project...Oh yeah? And just what's gonna happen when I get home?...I'll be home in 30 minutes...Love you, bye." I heard the entire conversation and concluded it was Jack. He was insufferable these past three weeks since the engagement, talking about where he and Lyric were thinking of holding it, who he was inviting, and everything. He walked further into the lab and I heard his footsteps halt.

"Oh, hey Parker," Jack said dryly.

"Winchester," I replied copying his tone. Jack scoffed and walked towards his station, grabbing a few things.

"Hey, just so we're clear, I don't have to worry about you, right Parker?" He asked suddenly. A smirk started to play on my lips as I looked over at him. His body language was tense, trying to make himself bigger.

"That's up to you, or do you not trust your fiance?" I mocked. Jack laughed curtly, slamming his drawer shut. In all honesty, it did shock me slightly.

"Oh I trust Lyric, it's you I don't trust." Jack left the lab as I frowned to myself in the dark. There's something off about that guy. What could Lyric ever see in him? My phone rang and I blindly answered it.

"Peter speaking." I sighed.

"Peter, why have I received an invitation to Lyric's wedding in August?!" Ned freaked. Jesus, the devil works hard but Lyric sure does work harder.

"Maybe because you were invited to her wedding, Ned."

"She's engaged to that Jack guy?"

"Yeah, like three weeks ago they got engaged."

"Man, how are you holding up?"

"I can't even be mad. I screwed up Ned and instead of facing her, I ran off to college. By the time I came back from my first year, they had just started dating. I had so many chances to tell her how I really felt, but I didn't."

"Have you talked to her since you got back?"

"How can I? She's either with him or planning her wedding or working. Besides, what would I even say? Don't marry him? You're making a mistake cause I love you more? I'm not doing that to her."

"Man, this sucks!"

"You're telling me."

"Well, come over tomorrow and we can just watch movies or something."

"Thank's Ned, I'll think about it."

"I gotta go, but I'm always here for ya Peter."

"Later Ned." I hung up the phone and looked back at my microscope. I growled and shoved the machinery away from me. How did I manage to mess up my life so bad?

Lyric's POV

I giggled as Jack's hands tickled my bare sides.

"Jack! We cannot afford to go again. It's hard enough planning a wedding, but I have 2 months to do it." I laughed. Jack looked at me, brushing a stray curl from my face.

"Need me to help?" He asked.

"Would you?" Jack rolled his eyes playfully, releasing me from his death cuddle.