Chapter 82

Lyric's POV

"You cannot escape the end, you, earth's mightiest hero. Beating out the likes of Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk. You, a mere girl. These are earth's final moments, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it." He snarled. I stood there, my body frozen in a defensive stance that screamed power, but internally, I was in tears and my body screamed to run away. But how could I run from this? Everyone else is dead. I'm the last hope.

I opened my eyes, gasping, and flailing my arms. I reached out and felt a hand grab my own. Tony was looking down at me with concerned eyes.

"What did you see? Was it new?" He asked.

"Dead, all of you, dead," I said, my voice trembling without my permission.

"...we don't know if that was a vision-"

"Of course it was a vision!" I barked. Tony stepped back and I hopped off the lab table.

"No more tests. No more anything. It's all over." I growled, tears pooling in my eyes.

"Lyric, please don't give up." Tony pleaded.

"He's coming, Bruce says he'll be here soon, and I still don't have a plan of attack that saves everyone I love."

"Lyric, we have the info on Doom," Papa said, waking in with dad trailing behind. I snatched the file from his hand before reading through it carefully. My face blanched at one part.

"H-He invented the time machine?" I stuttered. Even the thought of time travel made me uneasy.

"Lyric, he's just another bad guy who we will end," Dad vowed. I glared up at the two of them, slamming the file on the table in front of me.

"Doom is the biggest, baddest guy we will have ever faced and Thanos had the rawest power in the universe! This guy is a witch, he will end everything!" I cried. Everyone got quiet and Tony placed a bottle of pills in front of me.

"You haven't been taking your meds, Lyric." He said quietly. I looked at the bottle and then back at him.

"You did not just place those things in front of me," I said slowly.

"Lyric-"

"I cannot be on those pills, not when I only have weeks to figure out how to save the world! They mess with my powers." I interjected.

"You're not doing this alone. We will all be there." Dad said. I sucked my teeth and turned away.

"Yeah, right, as if I didn't just see all of you dead on the ground!" I screeched.

"That doesn't have to be our outcome. We could win." Papa argued.

"We've played all our best hands, you guys! This time it's it. We have to make the ultimate sacrifice."

"Lyric, what do you mean?" Tony asked.

"I'm the only one who is alive when I was talking to Doom. Maybe if I'm the first to go-"

"Absolutely not." Dad scoffed. I turned to him, my face a look of disbelief.

"You'd sacrifice the whole world for my one, insignificant life?" I asked, walking toward him.

"Lyric, we are not sacrificing you. Natalia and the twins need their mom." Papa reasoned.

"What good is a mom if there is no world for them? Besides, I haven't been 'mom of the year' recently. Peter has been doing the job of raising them." I dismissed.

"Please don't tell me that's what you've been doing," Tony said softly. 

He knows.

"What are you talking about?" I mumbled, eyes darting away from his.