Chapter 52

*2 Weeks Till The Wedding*

Jack's POV

"You can not put Dean and Tony anywhere near each other. Their narcissistic tendencies can be explosive." I warned. Lyric looked at the seating chart in confusion.

"Then where would they go?" She asked.

"Put Sam and Castiel between them. Dean and Cas have this bond and he gets calmed by him." I explained.

"You're sure Jodie and Mary are fine with each other, right? Because I put them at the same table." Lyric began to rub her temples, looking at the chart harder. I frowned, feeling the stress radiating off of her and pulled her into my arms.

"Hey, only two weeks left, there is no need to stress," I said softly.

"I just want everything to be perfect." Lyric whined.

"It will be because I'm marrying you." I kissed her, catching a hint of cherry from her chapstick.

"JJ! Mimi!" Morgan called, running into the conference room.

"Hey love, what's up?" Lyric smiled.

"C-Can I, can I wear my tiara to your wedding, please? Daddy bought it and it's so pretty, but mommy said I had to ask you first." She begged. I laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Sure Trouble, you got it," I replied. Morgan cheered hugging my leg.

"Thanks, JJ, thanks, Mimi!" She smiled before running off.

"I love that kid so much." Lyric sighed and I nodded in agreement.

"I hope you love ours even more," I whispered, kissing the side of her neck. Lyric giggled and looked down at her watch.

"I'm heading out to confirm times with the drivers, photographer, and videographer. I'll see you later." She said.

"Alright beautiful, I'll see you later," I replied, watching her leave the conference room. I was trying to finish the seating chart when Wanda came in.

"Jack, hi." She smiled.

"Hey, Wanda. What brings you here?" I asked.

"I was writing my toast to you and Lyric and I got stuck. I feel like none of us know you too well. We just know you make Lyric happy and you're Pepper's cousin. What more is there about you?" My face fell and I began to fidget.

"Nothing more happy to know. Everything else before Lyric is pretty dark." I muttered.

"Oh? Do you wanna talk about it?" Wanda frowned.

"Might as well, we're gonna be family soon. I told Lyric this about 6 months after we started dating. My dad was the devil pretty much and my mom, Pepper's cousin, was the sweetest woman ever, according to what others told me. She died giving birth to me and my father was in jail at the time. I was in a foster home until I was 16 when I was entrusted into the care of Castiel Novak, a close friend of my mother's. With Castiel, came Sam and Dean Winchester, they owned an auto shop. Sam and Dean were kind of like brothers to me even though, more times than I can count, Dean took on the role of dad like Castiel did. My dad was eventually killed in jail so I took on the Winchester last name. I eventually reconnected with Pepper which is how I ended up at the tower asking Tony for a job."

"Oh, Jack...that's horrible. I'm so sorry." Wanda gasped.

"I miss my mom every day, but I think she'd be happy for me since I found a good woman to settle down with. I like to imagine that Lyric and my mom would've gotten along very well. I couldn't protect my mom, but I swear I will protect Lyric with everything I have." I vowed. Wanda smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Thanks for taking care of my best friend. I know you and Lyric will be happy until the end of time." She said gratefully.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

Peter's POV

"Peter do you like this dress?" May asked, holding up a black dress with red roses on it.

"I do May, it's very...flowery." I offered lamely. She looked at me with a frown clear on her face.

"Oh, Peter...I know your hurting." She sighed. I groaned and closed my eyes.

"May, please. I'm fine, just tired." I lied. I felt the weight on the couch shift and arms were wrapped around me. I opened my eyes to see May cradling me.

"Peter, if you weren't hurting I'd think that you never even loved Lyric. Your ex-girlfriend is getting married in two weeks. You're allowed to be hurt." She explained.

"But I'm not! I'm not, because I pushed her away, I pushed her towards him. I didn't stay to make things better, I ran away to college and didn't even visit except briefly in the summers. I have no right to be hurt because I inflicted the pain on myself." I yelled, tears falling from my eyes. May pulled me closer to her and I cried into her shirt.

"I love her so much May...but she loves him now and it's all my fault." I sobbed.

"Oh Peter...shhh, it's okay. I know this isn't what you want to hear but there's plenty of girls out there who will love you." She cooed in my ear. I pulled out of her embrace, wiping my eyes.

"But there's only one Lyric." I sniffled. 

I lost my only Lyric, forever.