Chapter 38

*1 Month Later*

Lyric's POV

I tried to stifle my laughter with my hand as I looked around at the other customers in the small coffee shop. Peter watched me, an amused smile on his face.

"Is it really that funny?" He chuckled. I nodded, wiping a stay hair that fell from my bun.

"Peter, you wear Spider-Man underwear, as if you're not already Spider-Man." I giggled.

"Okay, but the question is, do you?" Peter questioned.

"Uh, of course, I do."

"H-Huh?"

"You bought me the pajamas so I thought it'd be wrong if I didn't get the bra and underwear set."

"God, you're one in a million." I laughed again, before bringing my cappuccino to my lips.

"How's May? I haven't seen her in a while." I asked, leaning closer to Peter. We did this at least once a week. We come to this little coffee shop and just talk and get to know each other again. I know I'm the one who suggested we take things slow, but now all I want to do is lean across the table and kiss him.

"Yeah, May's good. She's really happy about having me take that year off. Speaking of, Mr. Stark offered me a legit internship until I get to school." Peter smiled.

"Peter, that's awesome!" I grinned.

"He mentioned you also got an internship. What is it?"

"I'm sort of his assistant. I take calls, file papers, take notes, arrange meetings, help decide which charities get donations and that kind of stuff."

"Well, I think you make a badass assistant." I giggled again and licked the foam from my lips. I was about to say something when my phone started to ring. I looked down to see it was Papa.

"Hold on, I should take this," I apologized. "Hello?"

"We're leaving again, mission in Lous for about a week," Papa said. I could hear him getting ready in the background.'

"Is everyone leaving?"

"Yeah, sweetheart. It'll just be you and Peter."

"Oh."

"...I didn't like that 'oh'. I know you two are sexually active and stuff, not really happy about it, but at least be safe, please?"

"Papa! We are friends, okay? I'll let you know when that changes."

"Bye darlin. Love you."

"I love you guys too." I hung up and looked at Peter who was adding way too much sugar in his coffee.

"Hey Peter, I think you got a little coffee in your sugar." I teased.

"Har har," He laughed dryly. "Is everything alright?" 

"Everyone's gonna be gone on a mission. Wanna stay over?"

"Yeah sure. I'm just gonna stop home first and grab some clothes."

"Want me to come with?"

"Yeah and then we can drive back together." I smiled and took the final sip of my cappuccino.

"Ready whenever you are," I said. Peter picked up his coffee cup and we walked out of the store together. The little cafe was just down the street from Peter's apartment so we got there fairly quickly.

I walked into Peter's room and noticed my perfume bottle still on his nightstand.

"My perfume. I've been looking for that." I chuckled.