Chapter 50

Lyric's POV

"You guys should go to Legoland, Mimi! Mommy and daddy took me last month." Morgan suggested, chewing on her chicken nuggets. I smiled and brushed her hair from her eyes.

"That's a good idea love. I'll run it by JJ." I replied, flipping through the planning book. We sat at the kitchen table in the tower. Morgan's stuff was all here and Jack was working in the lab so I decided to stay. It's been 3 days since everyone left on the mission and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried. I just hate any mission that lasts longer than a day.

"Mimi?" Morgan asked.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I cooed.

"Why are you and JJ getting married?"

"Well, marriage takes place between two people who love each other, like your mommy and daddy." Morgan stopped to think for a minute.

"I love you, so should we get married?" She asked innocently. I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"No, love. It's different the way you love me. One day you'll love someone enough and you'll know you want to marry them." I explained. Morgan smiled and nodded her head.

"Well, I hope whoever I marry is nice just like you and fun like JJ!" She declared. I was about to reply back when the team came rushing in. They all look beaten and battered.

"Guys, what happened?" I asked, pulling Morgan to me.

"We were completely outnumbered. Things got bad really fast." Papa explained cradling his arm. Tony was carrying Peter who was clutching his side groaning in pain.

"Jesus, what happened to him?" I asked.

"Peter took a bad hit. We've been trying to reach the nurses but no one's available." Tony explained.

"Take him to the lab. I'll see what I can do." I ordered.

"What do you know about first aid, Lyric?" Nat asked.

"I spent a lot of time with Helen when I was crying my eyes out." I deadpanned. Peter was passed to Bucky and Tony came over to Morgan.

"Daddy, you're okay?" Morgan asked.

"Just a few scrapes and bruises kiddo, but I'll be okay." Tony smiled hugging his daughter. I pulled my hair back and made my way to the lab. I scrubbed my hands and put on gloves. Peter was laying on the lab table, writhing in pain.

"Anything for the pain?" He hissed.

"I can get you some morphine. What'd you do out there?" I asked cutting away a section of his suit. He had debris and blood was steadily flowing from the wound. I began to clean it.

"Building explosion. I caught the worst of it."

"You need to be more careful." A silence fell over us as I tried to concentrate on Peter's injury.

"How's Jamie?" Peter asked. My hand flinched, sending the tweezers into Peter's wound.

"Fuck!" He cursed. I scrambled to take it out.

"Dammit Peter. I'm trying to work. Don't spring things like that on me... I haven't seen her." I scolded.

"I thought you forgave her."

"She left a year after the incident. Didn't tell anyone, just upped and left." I removed all the debris and began to clean the wound with a saline solution.

"Lyric, I'm so sor-" Peter started but I held up a hand.

"Don't apologize. What's done has been done, Peter. I've already said that we should move on and not hold any ill will." I interrupted.

"Move on? If we've 'moved on', why do I feel like we're still stuck in those couple of months before I went to college? I barely see you."

"I'm planning a wedding and working. I just don't have the time for visits most of the time."

"You used to always make time for me..." I looked up at Peter and shook my head.

"Things have changed." I stated. I put a large bandage over the wound and taped it down.

"You should be careful with that. Even with your accelerated healing, it'll take a while to properly heal." I said flicking off my gloves. I threw them away and turned to leave when I heard Peter's soft voice.

"I miss you." He declared. I looked back at him, a frown etched into my face.

"So do I sometimes." I admitted, leaving the lab.

I walked into the living room to see Papa icing Dad's cheek.

"What'd I say about messing up the moneymaker, dad?" I joked standing in front of him. He gave me a small smile, wincing slightly.

"As long as this punk still loves me, I don't need to worry about it too much." Dad teased. Papa rolled his eyes.

"How could I ever stop loving you?" He mocked.

"Ugh, you guys are grossly adorable. Can I throw up now?" I gagged.

"That's gonna be you and Jack till death do you part," Papa smirked.

"If we ever get that adorable, I'm gonna throw myself off a cliff." I laughed.

"Lyric." I turned to see Jack in a white v-neck and blue jeans.

"Hey. You're done with work?" I asked.

"Yeah and I see everyone's back from the mission. Hey Mr. Barnes, Mr. Rogers." Jack smiled.

"Jack, you're marrying our daughter. I'm Bucky and that's Steve." Dad chuckled. Jack laughed and grabbed my hand.

"You ready to go? We're testing cake in about an hour." He asked.

"Yeah. Papa, Dad, I'll see you guys later." I smiled.

"Have fun guys!" Papa called. Jack and I walked into the elevator to get downstairs.

"I had fun watching Morgan," Jack commented.

"Morgan's a cute kid. She's so sweet and well behaved." I gushed. There was a beat of silence where I could practically hear Jack thinking.

"We never really talked about kids, Lyric." He stated softly. 

"...you want them?" I asked hesitantly. Jack kissed me deeply, taking all the breath from my body before pulling back.

"I want everything with you. You're my endgame. Ever since I walked into Tony's office for that meeting, I knew it had to be you." He confessed. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I love you," I mumbled.

"I love you," Jack replied.