Chapter 5

Lyric's POV

So dark

So much pain

I'm so hungry

A man wandered over to my cell and glared at me.

"Wake up, Strucker wants you." He said opening the door. I crawled out and got a kick to my stomach.

"Dumb bitch! Stand up!" He yelled. When I didn't move, he picked me up harshly by my arms and dragged me to Strucker. He sat in a chair, watching me.

"Ah, hello there little one. Alas, you are not so little anymore are you. I hope you enjoyed your break during your feminine disruption?" He asked. I shuddered at the memory but didn't say a word. Strucker glared and slapped me.

"Speak when you are spoken to, you worthless girl!" He barked.

"Pain." I muttered. Strucker squinted his eyes at me and looked at the other two men in the room.

"You have been working hard and that has not gone unnoticed. I will give you a chance at freedom." He said slowly. My ears perked up at freedom. I'll be able to leave?

"To win your freedom, you must kill these two men using anything you can find in this room." Strucker got out of his chair and left the room with the two men still here. I looked at the two and panicked.

This is my only chance, what do I do?

When one man got close enough, I used my arms to bring him down to the floor by hitting behind his knees. The man tried grabbing for me, but I stuck my thumbs in his eyes, making him scream in pain. His scream was more like background noise to the sound of my own blood rushing in my ear. I had to get out.

When he was distracted, cradling his head, I snapped his neck, barely hearing the sickening pop. For the next guy, I jumped on his back and started kicking him. He threw me off and I skidded across the floor, over to the first man's dead body. The second man shot me twice, once and the shoulder and once in the leg. I cried out loudly and grabbed the dead man's gun, shooting the man right between his eyes. When he went down, Strucker came out with a smile.

"Oh my, you did exceptional, though it seems though that you have gotten wounded. Let me fix you before we ship you off." He said. Two of Strucker's closest men came to pick me up. I was carried to a chair with a machine in the back. I was too exhausted to question anything. They strapped me into the chair and some medics came to cover my wounds, pulling out bullets.

When I was all patched up, I expected to be let go, but someone put a mouthguard in my mouth. I looked over at Strucker.

"What's wrong?" He asked. He had a dangerous glint in his eye and then I understood.

He lied...

"You did so good on your exercise. I was afraid you were losing your touch Pacifier. Don't forget, compliance will be rewarded little one." He smiled. Something cold and metallic was fastened on my head and then I felt a crushing and excruciating pain. I started screaming in agony as it felt like someone was clawing at my brain. I eventually blacked out...