Chapter 58

*2 Months Later*

Peter's POV

"Hey, Peter, whatcha doing?" Jamie asked. I looked over at her wearing a black mini skirt and a red tube top.

"Uh, watching a movie," I replied. It was nearing 10 and I thought everyone in the tower would've been asleep by now.

"Mind if I watch with you?" She asked eagerly. Since Jamie moved back in she's been clinging towards me. First, it was weird, but now it's just annoying.

"Whatever J." I sighed. Jamie smiled and sat next to me, moving my bowl of popcorn.

"Where's Lyric?" She asked.

"On a date with that Marcus guy."

"Oh really?" Suddenly, Jamie was straddling my waist and attacking my lips with hers.

"Jamie! Jamie, hey, what are you doing?" I freaked. I pushed her off of me and stood up.

"Peter, what's wrong?" She frowned.

"Why did you think it was okay to just kiss me like that?"

"Peter, Lyric's out on a date. There's nothing to feel guilty about now. You can have me any way you want me." Jamie pressed her lips to my neck and I pushed her away again.

"Jamie, no!" I yelled.

"You have feelings for me, Peter! That time when I was 16, you kissed me and it lit a fire in me I can't explain. You did that to me, Peter. And then after being apart for so long, you manage to find me and make love to me, make me feel loved. It's so romantic. There's nothing that can stop our love." Jamie explained.

"I'm in love with someone else, Jamie. I don't love you." Jamie looked at me with hurt in her eyes that quickly changed to rage.

"I can't believe you, Peter Parker." She spat before leaving the living room.

"Why do I feel like I'm in some shitty drama?" I mumbled to myself.

Lyric's POV

I let Marcus lay me on the bed as he settled between my legs. He tugged off my shirt leaving me in my bra and jeans.

"I need you to do something for me," Marcus mumbled before pressing more wet kisses to my neck.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I moaned, closing my eyes.

"Use your powers." I opened my eyes slowly, his words sinking in.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Come on Lyr. For me." Marcus whined. I pushed him off of me and sat against the headboard.

"And what do you think my powers can do for you?" I frowned.

"You think I can't put two and two together in my mind? I bet you're a freaky girl, and part of that is because of your powers. Don't leave me hanging, babe. Use your powers." I scoffed and shot an energy pulse at Marcus, sending him flying off the bed.

"Happy now, asshole?" I spat. I grabbed my shirt and purse before leaving his apartment. The tears couldn't help but well up in my eyes as I made my way to my car.

Stupid, so stupid.

I drove to the tower and head up to the living area. I walked in to see Peter in the kitchen, drinking a cup of something hot.

"Hey, didn't expect you home." He mumbled.

"Yeah well, Marcus is an asshole," I replied grabbing a bottle of water.