Chapter 69

*2 weeks later*

Peter's POV

"Lyr, you gotta get up." I sighed, watching the lump on the bed covered by blankets.

"Go away," Lyric sniffled.

"Baby, it's been two weeks. We can't fix this if you don't make an effort." Lyric threw the blanket off of her head and I could see her red eyes glaring at me.

"Fix this? Peter, Iris won't even look at me and Junior avoids me. You can't fix this!" She yelled before dissolving back into sobs. I sat on the bed and rubbed her back,

"I know this seems impossible but they need-"

"Time! It's what you've been saying for the past two weeks. Every time they look at me with those accusing eyes, I die a little more and I can't take it anymore." I bit my lip at her sad voice and stood up.

"It's all gonna work out, I promise."

"You can't promise that, Pete!" Her voice was muffled by the pillow, but I could still hear her pain. I left the bedroom to go check on Natalia when the front door opened.

"Go put your bags down nicely, after snack it's homework time." Steve ordered receiving two "Yes Papa"s back. I peeked in and noticed she was still asleep.

"Daddy! We're home!" Iris called. I walked down the stairs and saw the two of them eating pudding at the kitchen counter, Steve watching them.

"Hey guys, how was school?" I asked, kissing both their foreheads.

"I can add now, daddy." Junior boasted.

"What's 5+9?" Steve asked. Junior frowned at Steve

"Papa, I only know 2+2 and 1+1." I chuckled before making eye contact with Steve.

"Where's Lyric?" He asked.

"She's in bed still." Steve shook his head, looking towards the stairs.

"I guess I'll give it another go." He sighed, walking up to the bedroom.

"Why is mommy still upset? She left us!" Junior scoffed. I looked at him and shook my head.

"PJ, how could you say that? Your mother went through so much just to make it back here." I said sternly.

"But she replaced us with a new baby." Iris frowned.

"You guys don't know what you're mother went through, all so she could come back and see you again."

"Where was she? Why she couldn't come home?" I stopped talking, not sure how to answer. They were so young, but once I heard Lyric yelling from upstairs, I knew they needed to know the truth. I sat on the counter and took a deep breath,

"I'm gonna tell you a true story, but it's not very happy. You know how mommy was kidnapped until Bubba and Papa saved her right?" The twins nodded.

"Before I met mommy, while she was living with Bubba and Papa, she met a boy named Harry and he liked her too much. He did something bad to her and it affected her really badly. We met and she was getting better from what Harry did, but she saw him again when we were at a dance. He made her go with him and gave her her powers."

"That Harry man gave mommy her powers? But isn't that a good thing?" Junior asked.

"He gave her her powers to use for bad things," I explained before continuing,

"So, I managed to save mommy and things were okay for a little while. Mommy and I fell deeper in love and we were really growing together. Then an alien came and killed half the population including me."