Chapter 25

*2 months later*

Peter's POV

"I'm coming on this mission," I growled.

"It is too dangerous for you!" Mr. Stark replied.

"You don't know what she means to me! You have no idea how she made me feel! No one gets it."

"You're just a kid with a crush Peter. You're staying home."

"Actually, I need Peter there," Bucky said, walking into the room. Mr. Stark glared at him.

"And why would you?" He asked.

"Peter can get through to her while we keep Harry and the other soldiers at bay. He is our only hope."

"And what does Rogers have to say about this?"

"Steve's not coming. He wants nothing to do with this mission." The room got uncomfortably silent before I spoke up.

"Mr. Barnes, I won't let you down and Mr. Stark, I promise I will be careful out there," I said truthfully. Both the adults looked from each other to me and nodded.

"Come on kid. We're leaving now." Mr. Stark stated. I walked out of the room with them and onto the quinjet where Wanda, Pietro, Natasha, and Clint were waiting for us.

"Alright everyone, our goal is simple: bring Lyric home. Anything goes south, we call it off, alright?" Bucky said. We all agreed and took off.

We finally tracked her to some woods in Germany and I felt my heart race with hope. We had to bring her back. There hasn't been a day when I haven't thought of her. From the soft turn of her lips to the beautiful bronze of her skin, she's all I could think about. I had to get her back and find out what went wrong.

After about 8 hours we landed and filed out the quinjet silently. We didn't want any unnecessary combat.

"Peter and Wanda, go through the back. We'll enter in the front. Find Lyric first and foremost."

"Got it." Wanda and I replied. We took off toward the back and Wanda opened the door with her powers.

"I will go first and you watch my back." She instructed. I nodded and followed her instructions. We walked in and made our way up the stairs. It was quiet, too quiet. We got to the top and encountered no soldiers.

"I don't like this," I mumbled.

"Me neither but she's gotta be here." Wanda agreed. I let her open the door and we walked into the room. It was pink and had a small bed in the corner. There were old stuffed animals sitting on the ground and drawings everywhere. They looked like drawing I would have done when I was 6 or so.

"Who's room is this? Lyric can't be here." Wanda asked.

"It's my room from when I was younger." Lyric said, walking out from the closet. Wanda took a step toward her, but Lyric's eyes flashed green and Wanda was expelled from the room, the door closing.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. She turned from me and picked up a brown stuffed bear from the bed.

"Beary. My naming skills were pretty simple when I was younger. This was my best friend for so long." She said, examining the bear.

"Lyric, let's go. We're here to take you home." I sighed.

"Imagine: being so young, so innocent, you thought this was how life was supposed to play out. Or at least, you believed that every bad thing that happened was your fault. My parents died, yet I was still here. I was still here, but I wished I wasn't. Beary was here with me all those years until we changed bases when I was 9. Then I was alone again when I needed someone, I was alone again."