Chapter 70

*1 Month Later*

Lyric's POV

"Ya know, all this secrecy is bad for my anxiety. I can snap at any moment." I sighed, sitting across from Dad and Papa. Dad smiled and took my hand in his.

"We've been looking for the best way to tell you." He chuckled.

"If you need a best way, it isn't gonna be good news." I frowned.

"Darlin, it's about your biological dad," Papa said softly. My eyes widened and my hand slipped out of dad's.

"W-What about him?" I stuttered.

"Your dad had a daughter before you when he was around 18. With all the news coming out about you and your kidnapping, we got a call from a girl, Amber. She was the one who told us about your dad. We checked it out and it's legit." Papa continued.

"Why are you telling me this? What does this mean?"

"Doll, you have a half-sister and she wants to meet you." Dad smiled hesitantly.

"...Nope." I stood up and grabbed my purse.

"Lyric, please." Papa sighed.

"No way, every time I meet new family members, they try to kill me." I denied.

"You sure you don't wanna give her a chance, Doll? She sounded real excited to meet you."

"Yeah, I wonder how long she's been plotting my demise for?" I scoffed sarcastically.

"She's downstairs Lyric. She couldn't wait." Papa said. I looked at him in shock and shook my head.

"Peter is in the living room with the kids. Under no circumstance should they know about this meeting." I growled. Papa and dad nodded before I proceeded to make my way downstairs. I entered one of the business offices to see a very light skin girl sitting in a chair.

"Hi," I said softly. The girl looked at me, a smile splitting her face.

"Lyric, hi! I'm Amber and we share a father." She spoke excitedly, holding out a hand. I shook her hand carefully and sat across from her.

"How did you find out about our dad?" I asked.

"Dad used to visit me and my mom and he was always talking about you. He'd tell me this is your little sister, Lyric. I didn't even know you but I loved you in a way. When dad was killed and you were kidnapped, my mother told me nothing except daddy wasn't coming home. I only heard about you after your most kidnapping. It was big news after finding you in Russia because the man who took you was severely herald in Russia. So then everyone dug into you and news came out." Amber explained animatedly.

"Why would you want to know me? My life is complicated. I'm an Avenger."

"Because dad loved you, so to keep him alive, I want to know you. Also, my kids will be so excited to hear they have cousins." My ears perked up at kids.

"You have kids?" I stammered. Amber smiled and slid her wallet over to me.

"2 girls, 3 boys. Jewel is the youngest at 5, then my daughter Kaden at 7. My baby boy is Henry, he's 9, Jalen is 12 and Brian is 16." She explained. I looked at the pictures of the smiling children and tears came to my eyes.

"I'm an aunt?" I sniffled.

"When I told them I was going to meet their aunt, they were so excited and started asking a bunch of questions. Jalen and Brian are gonna be shocked. Truthfully, you're their favorite avenger." Amber laughed. I laughed with her.

"My husband and I...we have 3." I said hesitantly. I started scrolling on my phone through pictures. I picked one of Peter with Natalia, and Iris and Junior peeking from behind him.

"Iris and Peter Jr, or Junior, are 5. Natalia is 3 months." I explained showing Amber the picture.

"Lyric, they are beautiful. You and Peter have to be so happy." She smiled at me. I chuckled tearfully,

"I love my family, truly. I don't know where I'd be without them." I smiled back. A knock came on the conference door and I turned.

"Come in," I called. Peter peaked into the room a soft smile on his face.

"Hey, its lunchtime and I was looking for you. FRIDAY said you were in a meeting." He said entering slowly. I stood up, motioning for Amber to do the same.

"Pete, this is my half-sister Amber." I introduced. Peter's eyes widened as he looked from me to Amber.

"Wow really? H-Hi! I'm Peter Parker, Lyric's husband." He stuttered, shaking Amber's hand. She smiled and laughed.

"Nice to meet you, Peter. If you guys have plans for lunch, I can go." She said.

"Do you think I could get your number before you go? It was actually really nice to meet you, Amber. I hope we can get together again soon." I asked hopefully.

"Definitely. The kids can have a play date as well." We exchanged numbers and soon after Amber left and Peter looked at me in disbelief.

"Should I be worried about her?" He asked.

"I hope not, but knowing my life we always gotta be worried. Where are the kids?"

"With Wanda and Pietro. Are we out for lunch now, M'lady?" He smiled.

"Sounds good love."