Chapter 19

Lyric's POV

"You definitely like him!" Wanda squealed, flopping on my bed. I rolled my eyes and jumped on the bed, hitting her with a pillow.

"Stop! I do not like Peter." I denied. If it were easily visible, the blush on my face probably resembled the maroon shorts that I wore.

"Yeah right! I bet you wanna hug him and hold his hand." Wanda teased.

"Do not!" I gasped.

"Do too." Pietro piped up from reading a magazine on the bean bag chair.

"Pietro! You too?" I pouted.

"I'm all for young love. Peter is a nice kid and you are a nice girl. I think it fits." He explained.

"If it fits, it ships!" Wanda declared. I sighed and laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling.

"He's a good friend, you know? I told him about...my life, and you know what he did? He held my hand and told me I'm not a weapon. He accepts me for who I am. A normal boy who accepts weird old me." I said, a smile taking over my face. I noticed Wanda and Pietro both look at each other with confused faces, breaking my bubble.

"Why do you guys look confused?" I asked.

"Lyric, you do know Peter isn't all that normal, right?" Wanda frowned.

"Yeah, he's like almost a genius. That's why he goes to that smarty pants science and technology school, but I can accept that as normal." I laughed. The twins nodded and Wanda pulled out the UNO cards, quickly changing topics.

"Hope you both are ready to lose." She sneered, looking at Pietro and me.

"You're on Wanda." I giggled.

*Next Day*

Peter's POV

I sat in gym class, doing sit-ups and staring at the ceiling. Why did she make me feel different all of a sudden? For 3 whole months, I felt nothing but friendship towards Lyric, but now I can't stop thinking about her warmth, the smile on her face, the sparkle in her eyes, and the pink color of her lips. Like, I'm not blind, I've always known she was cute, but...I never realized she was beautiful.

"Hey, earth to Peter?" Ned called, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I asked quickly.

"I said, you never spilled the details about Saturday."

"Not much to say."

"Come on Peter, you and I both know you're lying. What time did you go home?"

"Not sure, maybe around 10."

"You were at her house for an hour?"

"...Ok, like 10 AM."

"You spent the night!" At this the whole gym class looked at Ned and I. I blushed out of sheer embarrassment and evaded their gaze.

"Keep it down, will ya?" I whispered harshly.

"Does she know about...you know the bug in you?" Ned whispered back. It suddenly dawned on me that there is a large possibility Lyric has no clue about me being Spider-Man. How would she react to knowing that?

"I-I don't think so." I frowned.

"Dude, you tell her and you're guaranteed to have her. Girls love superheroes!" Ned exclaimed.

"I don't know Ned. Her knowing could put her in a lot more danger than she's already in."

"Well at least ask her to the Winter Formal."