Chapter 79

Peter's POV

"Thank you for watching the kids, Amber. I-It's been a weird day." I stuttered, holding Natalia in my arms.

"I hope she gets better." Amber frowned. I smiled in thanks and walked back to Lyric's side. Iris looked at her mother laying on the hospital bed and frowned.

"Daddy, why is mama thinking so loud?" She asked.

"Baby girl, what do you mean?" I questioned looking at her. Her brown eyes were blue as she watched her mother, with tears streaming from her eyes.

"She's not happy, she's angry and sad and she wants to see us. Daddy, wake her up!" Iris cried. Junior held his sister's hand and pulled her to him. I was just completely awestruck.

Iris has powers.

"Iris, come here sweetie," I called softly, watching her walk to me. I stroked her cheek, looking down at her now brown eyes and smiled softly.

"Mama's gonna be just fine. When she wakes up, we gotta talk to you, alright, but don't you worry 'bout a thing. Everything will be alright." I said. Iris nodded, wiping her eyes.

"Dad, mama's waking up!" Junior exclaimed. He and Iris ran to Lyric and watched as her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Oh...my goodness, I open my eyes to find two little angels by my bed. This must be heaven." Lyric said hoarsely, smiling at the kids.

"Daddy and Talia are here too, mama." Junior smiled. Lyric looked over at me and Natalia, relief clear on her face.

"Wow, four angels. I must be really blessed." She sighed. I placed Natalia in her arms carefully.

"You had us scared for a little bit there," I said. Lyric brushed back a curl from Natalia's face and kissed her forehead.

"I'm not going anywhere, not without you guys." She promised.

"Well, the doctor says you're gonna be fine. The knife missed any important organs, plus your accelerated healing is working overtime. You should be home by tomorrow." I explained. Lyric groaned and looked down at Iris.

"I wish I could just be home now." She frowned.

"Hey, tonight is gonna fly by and then you'll be home with us." I smiled.

"Mommy, why are you angry?" Iris blurted out, hand reaching for her mother's own.

"What do you mean, baby girl?" Lyric asked.

"Lyric, I think Iris has her powers," I said hesitantly. Lyric looked at me in shock.

"P-Powers? Uncle Bruce said...we had them checked after Junior's incident." She stuttered.

~*~

"Shit!" I exclaimed, stumbling over my own two feet.

"Peter, what's wrong? Are the kids okay?" Lyric questioned, running into the room.

"You're gonna kill me for this," I said nervously. Lyric gasped, looking at 2-year-old Junior hanging from the ceiling using actual webs.

"Oh my gosh...Junior has his power?!" She cried.

"Seems so," I mumbled.

"Junior, come to mommy." Lyric cooed. Junior giggled chanting mommy before dropping into Lyric's arms. She stumbled as he landed.

"Crap, Peter, I think he has more than one. The kid is as heavy as lead." Lyric groaned.

"We gotta see Bruce, like, now," I said.