Chapter 24

*5 Months Later*

Bucky's POV

"This Hydra base has been active for about 3 months. Wheels up in 10 everyone, suit up." Tony said before leaving the conference room. I looked over to Peter who ran after Tony to ask him some questions.

"James...are you okay?" Wanda asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's been 5 months. 5 months and everything's gone to shit. Thor and Bruce are MIA and so is Lyric. She couldn't have just fallen off of the map, so I'm afraid she..." I trailed off. The rest of that thought was even too scary to finish.

"I know, but I have faith that wherever she is, she is happy and healthy. That they all are." Wanda whispered, pulling me into a hug.

"We gotta go," Steve ordered. He was supporting a full beard and grew out his hair.

"Coming," I mumbled. We weren't on the best terms since Lyric left. He was unbothered while her absence hurt me every damn day. I couldn't understand how he could just pretend like she was never here...like he never loved her! Wanda gave me a comforting smile and touched my cheek. She was best at calming me down like that like Lyric was. I quickly got ready and boarded the quinjet, sitting as far away from Steve as I could get.

When we finally landed, we went straight to action. Tony and Vision took to the sky while the rest of us worked on taking out as many agents as we could on the ground. Finally, Wanda, Peter, and I made our way into the building. We were to get to the computer room and get all the files.

"Where do you think you're going?" A voice said. Suddenly it was dark and I felt pain in my gut. Blindly, I swung my first, hoping to hit someone. My wrist was caught and I was hit upside the head. In my disorientation, I fell to the ground and was tied by rope and wire. The lights came back up, and my eyes began to adjust. The figure in front of me made tears spring to my eyes. Her once long curly hair was now straight and cut to her collarbone.

"Lyric." Peter breathed out. Lyric turned away in her dark green catsuit while Harry grinned and pulled her to his side, his grip firm on her hip.

"You're looking at the future of Hydra. Together we will make Hydra great again and we will have world order, starting with Europe and then encroaching on the United States." He explained.

"This is where you've been for the past 5 months? We were worried sick about you." I said. Lyric looked at me, her brown eyes holding multitudes of pain and shame.

"Leave now. Consider this mission failed." She said.

"Why would you say that? This isn't you!" Wanda cried.

"Y'all know nothing about me! Take this as a warning and never come looking for us again. Leave!" Lyric growled, stalking towards Wanda. As she moved toward her, her eyes flashed emerald green.

"Wait, what did you do to her? Her eyes are green. W-what the hell did you give her?!" I yelled.

"My, you all didn't even know. I'm surprised Dr. Banner didn't catch this in his tests. It became clear to me just why she was so special. In all her years under Hydra, Lyric has been experimented on countless times. She was given a serum to enhance her strength, speed, and senses. It just never activated because she needed to experience true loss. No loss more true than losing her entire family, a family that now hates her." Harry explained. I looked over at Lyric who shied away.

"We don't hate you, Doll. We never could hate you! We never stopped thinking about you." I argued.

"I wish you did." Lyric mumbled.