Chapter 43

Lmk how Tuesday came and went so fast. I completely forgot to post this. My bad.

Lyric's POV

I giggled as Peter began to nuzzle my neck.

"Jesus, I can't imagine how I'd be able to love you any more than I already do now." He mumbled before kissing me. I broke the kiss, a smile playing on the corner of my lips.

"I think I have a way." I sang. Peter looked at me expectantly.

"I'm pregnant Peter." I cheered. His jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"Are you serious right now?" He whispered. I nodded my head, laughing. Peter laughed with me, kissing me repeatedly.

"Oh my gosh, we're gonna be parents." He cheered. I smiled at his eagerness.

"Yes, Peter. We're going to be parents."

"I love you so much." He said, his voice distorting at the end. I frowned a little bit but ultimately ignored it and hugged Peter once more.

Wanda's POV

I pressed my hand through the green energy surrounding Lyric and tried to read her mind. I saw dreams, just nice, peaceful dreams. It's almost like she's sleeping and not dying.

"Can you help her Bruce?" I asked, looking at the doctor.

"The poison is coursing through her body as we speak, yet the stone's power is trying to keep it at bay. I don't know how long it can keep doing it." He explained. I sighed and frowned.

"Vision probably could've helped..." I mumbled. Bruce looked to me and offered a sympathetic smile.

"I know Wanda, I know." He said. I slumped against the nearest wall when FRIDAY began to speak.

"Miss Romanoff has requested you all enter the interrogation room, immediately." The AI spoke. Bruce and I left Lyric, heading down to the interrogation room. Everyone else was there waiting.

"We're calling whoever she was working for and then we negotiate," Nat explained, motioning to Nina.

"I hate you all! You're just gonna get Jamie killed!" Nina snarled. A screen came down from the ceiling and the video call from Nina's phone picked up. We were all shocked at who appeared on the screen.

"Well well well, I see you've found our mole." Harry chuckled.

"You!" Clint hissed.

"Hey there, Hawkeye. Good to see you again."

"You sent the poison to Nina? You're behind this?" Tony asked.

"Well, I get by...with a little help from my friends." Harry sneered. A person rolled into the view of the camera and I'm not sure what shocked me more, his new appearance of the fact that he was working with Harry.

"Thomas?" I gasped. Thomas gave a pained smile and nodded.

"What happened to you?" Pietro asked.

"I left and was hit by a truck but surprise bitches, I lived." He smirked.

"You're paralyzed aren't you?" Bucky asked.

"That I am Winter, from the waist down. Additionally, it seems that my telepathy is a bit...disconnected. No thanks to your slut daughter."

"Oh son, I'd snap both your legs in half, but you can't feel it." Steve chuckled darkly.

"Where's Jamie? Is Jamie ok?!" Nina sobbed.

"Oh Nina, you try to kill one child, yet save and cherish the other. Well, this may be a surprise but Jamie is fine. Jamie?" Harry chuckled. A girl a little lighter shade than Lyric walked in front of the camera, her hair braided in a bun.

"Hi, mum." She said.

"Jamie, oh honey I'm so glad you're ok." Nina smiled.

"Nuh-uh mummy. You've been keeping secrets from me. When were you gonna tell me about my sister? Or about how you killed dad?!" Jamie cried.

"I never wanted you to find out. I didn't even know I was pregnant with you until after it happened. I regretted it since then."

"Is that why you sent me to live with grandma and only visited on holidays?! You're a horrible mother and I hate you!"

"Alright, enough with the drama! Where's the antidote?" Tony barked.

"We have it here and we will gladly save Lyric. We won't give it to you, though." Harry said simply.

"Okay, new idea. The antidote in exchange for Jamie's mom." Nat said, pressing her knife into Nina's throat.

"You think I care about her?! Here, I'll kill her!" Jamie groaned. She pressed a button and Nina began to cough.

"J-Jamie...please..." She gurgled, blood starting to spill from her mouth. What the hell did they do to her?

"Never trust terrorists, mother." Jamie scoffed. Bruce rushed to help Nina but his attempts were futile. She fell limp in the chair.

"So, back to the original deal. Bring Lyric and we'll give her the antidote, but she has to come with us and stay with us this time." Harry ordered.

"You can't be serious," Bucky said, eyes wide.

"It's either that or she dies, and I promise by the time the week is out, she'll be gone," Thomas stated. I saw Bucky and Steve communicate with their eyes.

"Fine, where can we-"

"No way." Bucky was cut off by Peter walking into view of the camera.

"P-Peter." Thomas stuttered.

"Give us the antidote," Peter demanded.

"We're not changing our minds, Parker." Harry frowned.

"Then we have nothing more to discuss." Peter hung up the FaceTime call and stormed out of the room.

"Peter!" Bucky called. We all ran after the disgruntled teen and found him watching Lyric in the lab. Fresh tears were now rolling down his cheeks.

"Why would you hang up like that? Don't you understand what's at stake?" Bucky groaned in anger.

"Mr. Barnes, I mean no disrespect when I say this, but if you were really gonna give Lyric over to Hydra to save her life, you know nothing about your daughter!" Peter growled. Everyone was quiet from shock.

"Lyric would rather die than go back to the organization that ruined her life...and I'm going to respect her wishes, give her a choice." Peter continued more softly. I looked over at Bucky who was fighting back his tears.

"Th-Thank you, Peter." He stuttered. I took his hand in mine and we shared a look of understanding.

"That means we do whatever we can. We have to save her ourselves." Tony said. Everyone agreed and left Bruce and Tony in the lab. Peter lingered for a while longer and I watched as his hand ghosted over her face.

He really had it bad. I could only hope for everyone's sake she pulls through.