Chapter 64

*2 Weeks Later*

Lyric's POV

"Tony, I'm taking my break, you need something?" I asked, peeking my head in Tony's office. He sat behind his chair reading a file.

"You know the cafe down the block? If you ask them for the Tony Stark, that would be wonderful." He said distractedly.

"Sounds good." I left the office and made my way down to the cafe. While waiting in line, I took out my phone and looked at the contacts. Peter and half the team were away on a mission. Only dad and Wanda were home watching the twins.

"Miss, your order." The worker said a bit agitatedly, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Oh, my bad. Can I get The Tony Stark?"

"That's a 10-minute wait." I nodded and took a seat near the window. Plenty of people were walking on the busy New York City streets looking for a place to enjoy their lunch. One thing that caught my eye was a small girl running past the shop. She turned into an alley and then I saw two boys follow her.

I stood up abruptly and ran out of the cafe. I took a turn down the alley, ready to protect this little girl.

"Hey!" I bellowed, but no one was there. I looked around in confusion. What is this?

Suddenly a mask was thrown over my eyes and I was pulled into someone's arms. Before I could even gasp in alarm, I felt a sharp needle pierce my neck and everything went dark.

Peter's POV

"All this web-slinging was way easier when I was a teenager." I groaned, stretching my back.

"You're still doing great, Parker." Steve laughed as Sam stitched up the cut on his forehead.

"Peter, how's Lyric been doing? I haven't seen much of her. She's all work and then home these days." Nat asked.

"She's scared and it's understandable. I don't know how Jamie found us, but Lyric was really thrown by the fact. She's trying to get back to some form of normalcy." I explained.

"She'll be okay. Lyric always comes out okay." Pietro said. Thor landed the quinjet and we all piled out.

"I'm gonna go see Lyric now. She probably just got back from her break." I said. I walked straight to her office and was surprised to find it empty.

"Tony?" I asked, looking into his office.

"Parker, welcome back. How was the mission?" Tony smiled.

"Good. Did Lyric come back from her break yet?"

"No...I sent her to the cafe to pick something up for me. I'll call the place." Tony picked up his phone and dialed the cafe number.

"Hi, it's Tony Stark. I sent an employee to pick up an order for me...Oh, I see. And you didn't see where she went?... Ok, thank you." Tony spoke. He hung up the phone and looked at me.

"Lyric left suddenly and no one saw where she went." He said slowly.

"She wouldn't do that. No way." I denied. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number.

No answer.

"Tony, track her phone," I ordered.

"Already on it." He replied. I left the office only to be tackled by two small bodies.

"Daddy! How was the mission?!" Iris asked.

"Did you get a lot of bad guys?" Junior smiled excitedly. I bent down, kissed both of them answering all their fast-paced questions. All I was really focusing on was Lyric. Where could she be?

"Mommy said she's making lasagna for dinner just for you daddy." Iris grinned.

"Yeah. Can we see her now?" Junior asked.

"Um, mommy's working really hard right now. How about we go watch tv while we wait?" I suggested.

"Bubba and Wanda can watch too right?"

"Yeah." The twins dragged me to the tv room, a frown appeared on my face.

Where is Lyric?