Chapter 65

Lyric's POV

I woke up to cold chains around my wrists. I was stripped down to my bra and underwear. I was hanging from a metal chain attached to the ceiling.

I was getting some serious déjà-vu.

"Help! Where am I?" I yelled, thrashing around in my restraints.

"You still look so...beautiful." A familiar voice said softly and I stopped moving as realization set in.

"No...oh my god, do you ever die?" I groaned. Harry walked- more like limped -out of the shadows, a small smile on his face.

"Hello, darling." He greeted.

"Why am I here? What did you do to me?" I asked fiercely.

"I lost you for quite some time. I apologize I wasn't able to attend your second wedding. I had a medical issue."

"You weren't at my first so why would you care about my second?"

"Lyric, I was the most important guest at your wedding. I came as a reaper." It took a moment for me to understand his meaning, but when it hit me, I felt sick.

"You...you killed Jack." I stuttered.

"Guilty as charged." Harry grinned. I growled and attempted to hit him with an energy blast, but nothing came from my hand.

"What the hell?" I muttered.

"Special chains made for a special girl," Harry smirked.

"Can you just cut to the chase and tell her why she's here?" Jamie scoffed walking into the room.

"And you've been working for him? You bitch!" I hissed.

"Ya know big sis, I was a little hurt to find out my niece and nephew knew nothing about me. Ashamed?" Jamie sneered.

"Why am I here?" I asked fed up with the run-around.

"Lyric, I'm not doing too well, healthwise. Long story short, I'm dying and I need my legacy to live on. You are the only person I trust to carry our creation, plus you successfully had two beautiful, healthy children. I choose you." Harry explained.

Listening to the words coming out of his mouth, I burst into laughter. There, chained to the ceiling in nothing but my underwear, I was hysterically laughing.

"What's so funny?" Harry demanded.

"You're gonna have to get in line, Harry. It's about a 6 or 7-month wait, not including recovery time." I giggled.

"Gross, you're pregnant again?" Jamie frowned.

"I found out about two days ago. I was supposed to tell Peter today but here I am." Harry pressed a button and the room began to get colder.

"Then, I guess we'll have to come to a compromise, won't we? Until then, you'll stay here, just as you are." He stated.

"H-Harry, it's cold. I'm gonna freeze with no clothes on." I frowned. Harry grinned sleazily and placed a hand right above my hip.

"When you're ready to be a good girl, there's a warm bath running for you followed by a nice warm bed." He teased before taking Jamie and leaving me alone in the room.

"Harry! Get back here!" I screamed. This wasn't gonna be good.

Peter's POV

"She was kidnapped. Probably by Jamie." I mumbled, watching the surveillance video from the ally of the cafe.

"Why, where would she even keep her?" Nat scoffed. I ran a hand through my hair, eyes still locked on the screen.

"Fuck...I don't even know." I groaned.

"Hey, we'll find her. No way she dropped off the grid, Pete." Pietro promised.

"I know we will. I just don't know how to tell the twins." I worried.

"Tell them Lyric is on a business trip. We'll get her home as soon as possible." Wanda said. I nodded and looked at my watch.

"I should take them home now. Call me with any new changes, alright?" I requested. Everyone agreed and I left the room in search of Bucky and Steve.

"How'd you ever get so strong?" Bucky gasped playfully as Iris was hugging him.

"My mommy and daddy are superheroes! They're really strong." Iris giggled. Steve was telling Junior stories from the '40s about him and Bucky.

"Guys, time to go home." I smiled. Iris and Junior both looked over at me.

"Do we really have to daddy?" Iris pouted.

"Yeah, can't we have a sleepover?" Junior begged.

"Peter, it might be for the best. We all need to be close right about now." Steve offered softly. It made sense, I couldn't possibly sanely watch the curious twins by myself. As more time passed they'd get more suspicious on their mother's whereabouts.

"Alright. We'll stay in mommy's old room." I caved. Junior and Iris cheered before going back to their own activities with their grandparents. I wiped a stray tear from my eye.

I had to find Lyric soon.