Chapter 37

*5 months Later*

Lyric's POV

"How do you feel now?" Sienna asked.

"Well, I'm a little more comfortable with my role in life now. I don't feel worthless or like I only have one purpose." I smiled.

"And about the whole situation with Thomas?"

~*~

"Doll why didn't you—" I pushed past Dad watching Peter's retreating figure.

"Where's he going? Why did he leave?" I sniffled, a sinking feeling in my chest.

"He probably just needs time, Lyr." Uncle Tony said, taking my hand in his. Papa grabbed my other one.

"Darlin, can we take you to the infirmary and get you checked out?" I shook my head instantly.

"Nuh-uh. FRIDAY already checked me out. The Plan B was effective and I didn't contract any STDs or anything." I heard Natasha take in a sharp inhale and she and Clint left the room.

"When did he do this to you?" Wanda asked.

"About 2 weeks ago."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Dad pleaded. I bit my lip as the tears began to fall from my eyes again.

"Well, who's gonna believe that, baby girl? You've been spending so much time with me, helping me out at the expense of your relationship. To anyone else, last night you loved me."

"Because it was my fault."

~*~

"Honestly, that was hard. After all those years with Hydra, I just began to reclaim my body as my own, but then he took me at my weakest and used me like I was nothing. But I know now it wasn't my fault. Thomas had no right to do that to me." I said honestly. Sienna nodded her head and looked down at her chart.

"How are things with Peter?"

~*~

Voicemail...again. I put down the phone and looked back up at the tv. The Office.

Someone out there just literally loves to screw me over.

I turned off the tv and rolled on my side. I guess it was time for my third attempt at uninterrupted sleep.

"Lyric?" I looked over to see Sam at my door holding a bowl.

"Hey, Sam," I said softly. I sat up and motioned for him to enter. Sam sat next to me, handing me the bowl.

"Pumpkin soup. Reese made it for you." He explained. I put the bowl next to my untouched breakfast.

"You been sleeping?" Sam asked, nudging me slightly.

"As much as I can be. Nightmares again. My night light went out last night and it was dark in here. I couldn't get back to sleep after that."

"It'll get better."

"It would be even better if Peter would answer my calls."

"He hasn't been by?" I shook my head,

"He's busy. Probably getting acceptance letters and preparing for his APs."

"You okay?" I looked at Sam in confusion until I felt something wet hit my hand. I was crying. I chuckled softly and wiped the tear away.

"Yeah, I just miss him or whatever," I said quickly. "Uncle Sam, can we talk later? I think I'm gonna try and get some sleep now." Sam nodded and got up,