Chapter 7

Lyric's POV

I sat on the bed as Wanda painted my nails and her brother Pietro flipped through tv channels.

"It's nice to have another girl in the tower! Natasha rarely lets me paint her nails and sometimes I read the tabloids and have no one to report it back to except Pietro." Wanda rambled.

"Yes, talking about shit I have no interest in hearing at all." Pietro scoffed. Wanda rolled her eyes at him and smiled back at me.

"Well now I can talk to you about it!"

"If I stay." I muttered. Wanda frowned

"Stay? Why wouldn't you stay with us?" I shrugged.

"Steve has already started reading up on how to be a parent. It's safe to stay that he doesn't plan on letting you go." Pietro smirked. A parent? Like my dad? But he doesn't even know me. They must be wrong. There's no way.

"Hey, don't look so sad. We're not that bad once you get to know us." Wanda offered a crooked smile which comforted me a bit. So far everything was a lot better than what I remembered from Hydra. I understood I'd probably never remember everything and that's fine. Hydra is definitely a part of my life I'd rather forget.

"Wanda, Once Upon a Time is on!" Pietro cheered, snapping me out of my thoughts. Wanda gasped,

"Lyric, this is our favorite show! Tomorrow I'll start with you from season 1. I think you'd like it!" Wanda is very...cheery and active. It's refreshing from all the hard passive faces I've recalled.

A knock came from the door and I saw Steve peek his head in, Bucky's metal arm signaling his presence as well.

"Wanda, Pietro can we talk to Lyric alone please?" He requested. The twins said goodbye and left me with the two super soldiers.

"I go?" I asked nervously. I didn't want to go, everyone was nice to me and treated me like they knew me for years.

"No, Doll, you're not going anywhere." Bucky reassured me.

"Buck and I talked to Fury and...well we wanna take care of you, both of us." Steve added. I looked between the two of them.

"Dads?" They looked at each other.

"Well, erm, yeah I guess you could...guess you could say that, right Steve?" Bucky stuttered nervously. Steve nodded furiously.

"Yeah, dads, whatever works for you." I looked at Steve, a small smile forming as I thought of a name for him. I pointed at him,

"Papa." I pointed to Bucky next,

"Dad."

"So I'm papa and he's dad?" Steve clarified. I nodded.

"Whatever works for you Doll. Now that we've told you, we should tell the rest of the team."

We entered the living room after FRIDAY (that's the AI) called down the other Avengers.

"What's up Rogers? Some of us have important things to do." Tony sighed.

"Day drinking is not important Tony." Clint retorted.

"Eat a dick, Barton."

"Watch your fucking mouth Stark, there's a kid here!" I laughed as the two of them went back and forth. Tony and Clint are fun.

"Both of you watch your mouths." Steve warned.

"Anyway...we called you together to make an important announcement," Bucky said. "Today Steve and I talked to Fury about what we should do with Lyric and we've decided to sort of...adopt her."

"Adopt? Like you both are her parents?" Vision asked.

"Yes. I am Papa and Bucky...is Dad." Steve replied. Natasha snorted but smiled at me.

"As much as I'm gonna love seeing you guys play parents, I think I'm gonna love having Lyric around more. I get to be an auntie again."

"And I get to be like a big sister!" Wanda squealed, running over to hug me. The action was foreign to me but...I felt safe.

"Well since we're all picking roles, I'd like to be fun uncle Tony."

"I'm cool uncle Clint!"

"I'm the sane Uncle Sam." Bucky snickered and rolled his eyes at Sam.

"Alright Uncle Sam. It was an honor to serve for you in World War 2." Sam chortled and shoved Bucky.

"You're hilarious, Barnes. Seriously, are you secretly John Mulaney or something?"

"I would like to be Thor please!" I smiled looking at the ridiculous superheroes surrounding me, accepting me with open arms.

I think I'm gonna like it here.