Chapter 61

*4 Months Later*

Lyric's POV

"She looks adorable!" Wanda cheered. Iris, smiling up at her godmother, giggled and started to kick her feet.

"I love the little rose-colored dress, Pepper. Why didn't I have you plan my first wedding?" I laughed. Nat fixed my hair out of my face and smiled at me.

"You look stunning." She said. I looked in the mirror at the flowy, strapless white dress.

"I can't believe this is happening. This wedding has been about 8 years in the making." I said in disbelief.

"It feels like a long movie, watching you and Peter throughout the years." Pepper commented.

"There were times I was ready to curse you guys out. This up and down roller coaster ride of a relationship was exhausting." MJ smirked.

"I'm glad you're both getting your happily ever after." Wanda grinned. The door to the small room opened and my dads stood there.

"Everything's ready Lyric." Dad smiled.

"Junior's with Peter?" I asked.

"Yup and he's heading out now," Papa replied. I looked around at my friends and family smiling wider than I have in a long time.

"Alrighty, let's get this started."

Steve's POV

"You ready for this, doll?" Bucky asked, fixing Lyric's veil.

"I mean I have slight PTSD from my last wedding but yeah, I wanna do this." She said nervously.

"Bucky and I...we're so proud to see you here, opening your heart when it hasn't been easy for you in the past. You're far from that little girl we saved from Hydra." I said proudly. Lyric smiled and kissed my cheek then Bucky's.

"I mean, maybe it's time I realize I am worth it, that my life has worth. You two are the best dads anyone could ask for because you taught me my life matters." She whispered. The wedding march began and we walked her in through the church doors. The small church held friends and family only. Outside was about 25 trained agents securing the building. Peter stood up on the altar, bouncing with Junior in his arms. Junior wore a small suit t-shirt and black shorts. Lyric waved slightly making both her and Peter laugh. Their love was radiating off of each other and it got more apparent the closer they got. Junior was passed off to May as we stood in front of the altar.

"Who gives this woman away?" The priest asked.

"We do." Bucky and I said. We left Lyric up on the altar with Peter and sat in the front pew. May sat next to me holding Junior and Iris. We smiled at each other and she handed me Iris. The priest began to talk about love and recite some scriptures from the Bible as Iris started falling asleep on my shoulder. Lyric and Peter just smiled at each other, no doubt having a conversation with their eyes.

"And now for the vows. Peter?" The priest said. Peter smiled and pulled out a piece of paper.

"You all know me and know that this girl makes me so nervous, I wouldn't be able to speak directly from my head. I had to write this down." He said sheepishly. We all laughed and I felt Buck squeeze my arm.

"I think Peter really is the one for her." He whispered in my ear. I looked at Peter as he recited his vows, Lyric hanging on to every word.

"I think you're right," I whispered back to Bucky.

"...I want the world for our daughter and son and I want everything to be safe and perfect; no more alien threats or bad people coming around to make trouble. But those are the things I want, and we can't always have what we want. What I do know is that, for as long as I live, I can provide endless love for you and our family. I can make it that you never feel alone again and I can make you as safe as I possibly can. I look forward to growing with you in hopefully the best ways for as long as we both shall live." Peter concluded. Lyric laughed slightly, covering her face with her hand.

"Nat made me promise I wouldn't cry and mess up her work or she'd destroy me and MJ said she'd never talk to me again. I have you to blame for that, Parker." She sniffled, playfully glaring at Peter. Iris shifted on my shoulder, raising her head slightly.

"Hey Munchkin, what's going on?" I cooed softly. She looked up at me with sleepy eyes and fell back into my chest. I laughed and rubbed her back gently.

"...People say you don't get second chances but I did, and it was always supposed to be you, I guess. I was destined to fall in love with you. You've been there through so much since we met and you just made me feel all around loved. Maybe it's because you're a big softie like I am, but when I'm with you, I know I'm home and... and safe. I can never ask for a better friend, a better lover, or a better husband. I may not be as normal, or as pretty, or as ladylike as other girls, but I'm glad you saw something in me and chose me. I will never stop thanking God for that." Lyric said, a few tears rolling down her cheek. Peter promptly brushed them away and kissed her hand. I smiled at the two.

Life's too short to go through alone, and I'm glad that Lyric found the one to go through life with her.

"The rings?" The priest requested.

"That's me!" Morgan gasped from over by Tony. Lyric was giggling at the little girl as she ran over to the altar, her flats clicking with every step. Peter took the rings from Morgan, kissing her cheek.

"Thanks, Silly Bear." He smiled. Lyric kissed Morgan's cheek and thanked her as well.

"Do you, Lyric Rogers-Barnes, take Peter Benjamin Parker to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest recited.

"I do," Lyric smiled, sliding the ring on Peter's finger.

"And do you, Peter Benjamin Parker, take Lyric Rogers-Barnes, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Peter said softly, putting the ring on Lyric's finger.

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Peter pulled Lyric to him, kissing her. We all cheered and started clapping, as Peter and Lyric pulled back blushing. They walked back down the aisle together and the cheers got louder. Iris was 100% awake and crying now along with her brother.

"Parkers, come get yo kids!" Sam called. Lyric and Peter instantly came back, taking Iris and Junior.

"Okay, did you guys decide on when the reception would be?" I asked Lyric.

"Tomorrow, because I have a feeling these two will be pretty ornery today." She replied. I nodded and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks for taking Buck and my's last name for all those years."

"It was my second favorite last name."

"What's the first?"

"Parker." I laughed and hugged her again.

"Congrats Darlin'. I wish nothing but the best for you and enjoy your time with the twins. The years fly by." I said.

"Of course papa." She smiled. As I watched her walk off with Peter, my own words replayed in my head.

The years really do fly by. 

A/N: Imma be real with y'all, this book wasn't supposed to come into 2020 but now it has a life of its own. Thank you for all the votes and read this has gotten so far. I look forward to updating more in 2020 :)