Chapter 32

A/N: New character ^^^^!!!

*1 Month Later*

Lyric's POV

I stood outside Peter's apartment, winter hat covering the top of my head, and a long green army coat atop my black jeans. My mind kept going back to what I heard Uncle Tony talking about today.

~*~

"I told Peter I'd put in a call for him at MIT and he completely shrugged me off. Said he'd rather stay near Lyric." Tony explained.

"Because he loves her, Tones." Pepper sighed.

"Yeah, I get that Pep, but he's throwing away entry to MIT. I make one call and he's guaranteed. The Dean owes me a favor and I told Peter all this. He used to say MIT was like a dream for him. I just can't help but think that maybe they're...too attached. Like a little distance wouldn't kill 'em."

~*~

He turned down his dream school for me. His whole dream school. I couldn't help but think about what Tony said. Maybe he is too attached to me.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. I nodded slowly and allowed Peter to lead the way down the street. He chatted about anything and I listened, noting how adorable he looked. My genius, compromising for me. It was unsettling. 

We were outside of Delmar's when Peter grabbed my hand. 

"Lyric, you're being really quiet. Is everything alright?" Peter asked quietly.

"Yeah, no, everything's good," I said, a fake smile finding its way on my face. I rarely had to fake smile around Peter, since I didn't have to hide how I feel around him. Peter looked at me, unconvinced, but squeezed my hand.

"You don't have to tell me what's going on, just know that everything's gonna be okay." He said. I wanted to believe him, that we would be okay, but I felt guilty. I'm keeping him here. I let Peter lead me into Delmar's.

"Hey, Mr. Delmar." Peter smiled.

"Mr. Parker and the lovely lady Lyric." Mr. Delmar greeted back jovially.

"Hey Mr. D," I replied.

"Can I get your usuals?"

"Sounds good," Peter confirmed. We sat in the seats closest to the back as Peter talked about his latest psychology test. I watched his eyes light up as he spoke about the subject. He was so passionate about learning and the things he's learned. This is a boy who deserves the absolute best education he can get. Scratch that, Peter Parker is a boy who deserves the world.

"Lyr, are you even listening to me?" I raised my eyebrows as I refocused on Peter's concerned face.

"Totally, Freud was a real creep." I nodded quickly. Peter sighed and took my hand in his own.

"I don't want to pry, but I'm really worried now. What's going on with you today?" I bit my lip and turned away. Should I start this now? I mean, he deserves to know how I feel about his decision. It's a big decision he's making because of me.

"Pete, when you were a little kid, where did you always dream of going to school?" I asked.

"MIT. That was always the dream but that's all it was, just a dream." He replied. I groaned and shook my head.

"But it doesn't have to be when you get a recommendation from Tony Stark!" Peter cocked his head, brow furrowed.

"You know about that?"