Chapter 42

Lyric's POV

"Do you, Lyric Rogers-Barnes, take Peter Benjamin Parker to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest recited. I blinked, looking down at the elegant white dress hugging my frame. Looking up I saw Peter watching me with absolute devotion in his eyes.

"I do," I answered automatically.

"And do you, Peter Benjamin Parker, take Lyric Rogers-Barnes, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Peter said softly.

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Peter pulled me to him, carefully placing his lips onto mine. The guests cheered and all started clapping, as Peter and I pulled back blushing.

My husband, I have a husband.

We walked back down the aisle together listening to the cheers surrounding us. I looked over at Peter and saw little hairline cracks in his face. I gasped and stopped walking momentarily.

"Lyric? What's wrong?" He asked, frowning. I closed my eyes hard and when I opened them again, he was normal, no cracks.

"N-nothing. I just can't believe it. You're my husband..." I smiled nervously. Peter kissed my hand and we continued outside to the limo. He looked at me and kissed me deeply.

"Mrs. Parker...I like how that sounds on you." Peter smirked. I giggled and rested my head on his chest.

"I love you, Peter Parker." I sighed.

"And I love you, Lyric Parker," Peter replied.

Bucky's POV

"Her body...the stones...they're protecting her." Bruce noted. Wanda, Clint, and I stood around the lab table where Lyric was encompassed in a green glow.

"Can you penetrate it to try and find out what she took?" I asked.

"I-I can try, but I'm not sure how long she has. This thing could kill her tonight." My face dropped and my heart rate quickened. Wanda walked up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I put my hand over hers.

"Where's Nina?" I mumbled.

"Nat's interrogating her," Clint replied.

"Parker?"

"Stark's calming him down."

"And Steve?"

"He hid away in his room." I sighed and looked at Wanda.

"I should go talk to him," I told her. She nodded in agreement.

"Yes, go make sure he is ok. I should call Pietro and Sam and catch them up on everything that is happening." She said. I smiled, kissed her cheek, and walked off to Steve's room. I knocked on the door before entering.

"Steve?" I called. I heard a broken sob from the corner of the darkroom and turned on the light. Steve sat in the corner, knees to his chest, wiping his red eyes.

"I-It's all my fault. Every time something happens to her, I'm the one that makes her leave. I push her into bad situations." He sobbed. I sat next to him and pulled him into a hug.

"The first time she left that was Harry's fault, okay? Harry made her say those things so we would kick her out. This time, that wasn't entirely you. No matter how she found out about Nina, she would have run towards her, because that's who Lyric is." I explained, rubbing his back.

"Maybe if I hadn't introduced her to Sharon, it would've gone smoother if I ever told her. I didn't even like Sharon that much. Not really, anyway." Steve sniffled, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I could've told you that punk," I smirked.

"I'm sorry, about everything I said to you. I was obviously wrong, I mean, you and Wanda?"

"Me and Wanda? That's not an official thing, ya know. I mean, we haven't even kissed. We...we're just there for each other."

"Oh."

"Yeah." It was silent, aside from Steve's occasional sniffling.

"Is Lyric gonna be okay?" He asked softly.

"It's too soon to tell, but you know she's survived worse." I smiled slightly. Steve hummed in agreement and removed his head from my shoulder, standing up.

"I...I probably smell like absolute garbage right now. I'm gonna take a shower." He announced.

"Steve!" I blurted out as he turned to leave. Steve turned back to me, eyes searching mine.

"Yeah, Buck?" He asked. I licked and bit my lip, stuttering over my words in my head before sighing.

"You're still that little scrawny kid from Brooklyn and that kid needed help from time to time. Don't be afraid to ask for help." I said.

"I got all the help I need right here, Jerk." He smiled, leaving the room. I smiled to myself and let my head fall in thought.

Tony's POV

"Peter, I need you to breathe kid," I said worriedly.

"How, how can I possibly breathe with my girlfriend lying on a table unconscious? She was poisoned by her own mother!" He sobbed, dropping his head into his hands. I sat next to the boy and began to rub his back.

"She'd never leave this world without you, and she knows you wouldn't either," I whispered.

"Is this what our life would be like because I don't know if I can do it, Mr. Stark. I...I love her so much, I can't see her hurting anymore." Peter gasped.

"Pepper probably feels that way about me every day."

"How is she still here? Why hasn't she left?"

"It's kind of hard when she's carrying my kid." Peter looked up at me with childlike wonder.

"Oh Mr. Stark, congrats. I-I had no idea." He sniffled, wiping his eyes.

"It didn't feel right to reveal without Lyric, but with all that's going on, we need some good news," I explained.

"Lyric doesn't want kids."

"How do you know that?"

"Last year, we had a little fight. She never flat out said she didn't want kids but I figured that much."

"Peter, she probably meant at this moment. You guys were—are so young, even more so last year. She was 17 years old. No 17 year old wants to have to give up their youth to raise a child."

"I'm ready to. Even just hypothetically speaking, I'm so ready to give up everything to raise a baby with her, because I love her. It's...so hard to love her some days when my feelings for her get so intense."

"I'm sure one day you two will have a large, beautiful family. The way you two love each other, it's disgusting." Peter smiled at me and wiped his eyes again.

"I just wish she'd wake up." He sighed.

Natasha's POV

I brought my fist to her face another time.

"Where is the antidote?" I growled. Nina only groaned, her eyes showing definite fear.

"She's gonna die and then I'll finally be rid of her. I don't care if you kill me too!" She cried. I grabbed her hair and exposed her neck to my knife.

"That can be arranged, Nina. I could just slit your throat right now and then you'd have another daughter with no mother." I whispered in her ear. She gasped and started fighting in my arms.

"How do you know about her? Please, the boys promised me, she'd be fine if I administered the poison." She said frantically.

"So it was boys, they have your daughter and the antidote?" I asked.

"I can't tell you. If I tell you, they'll kill her."

"Call them."