Chapter 12

*3 Weeks Later*

Lyric's POV

I sat on the couch watching television when my phone that Tony gave me rang. I answered with a smile on my face.

"Hello?" I asked

"Hey Lyr. I think you should come downstairs." Harry said excitedly.

"You're here? I thought I was meeting you on Friday."

"What's two days early? Just come down." I giggled and sighed.

"I'll be down in a minute."

"Great. See ya." I walked down the stairs and saw Harry standing in the lobby with a large teddy bear, balloons, and a box of chocolates. We've been secretly seeing each other for a while but he'd never gotten me anything this extravagant.

"What's all this?" I giggled.

"Well, I was thinking: how do you ask a girl to be your girlfriend? The internet said you get her all these things and now here I am. Lyric, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I bit my lip pensively. Maybe I was ready for a relationship.

"Oh hell no." I heard Dad say. I turned around to see him and Papa there.

"Dads." I smiled nervously. Dad picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. Dammit, I need to get him to stop doing that. Papa glared at Harry and grabbed the gifts he got me.

"Bye Harry." Papa said. As I was carried to the elevator, I smiled at Harry and mouthed, yes. He smiled back and left but not before I caught him fist pumping the air. When we got back in the living room, I got an earful from my dads.

"Sneaking around with a boy?! A boy! Oh my gosh, Steve we lost our little girl to a boy!" Dad ranted. I smirked into my lap and tried to stop a laugh from erupting from my mouth.

"I can't believe it. A boy, Buck! I think we should've kept her hidden away within the tower. It was so much easier then." Papa sighed. I couldn't help myself and started to laugh.

"Why are you laughing? Is breaking our hearts funny to you?" Dad asked. I shook my head as my laughter died down.

"I'm laughing at how concerned you guys are. Harry hasn't tried to hurt me and if he does in any way, I got the earth's mightiest heroes to take care of him. My dad is the freaking badass Winter Soldier!" I explained.

"Language." Papa glared. I shrugged and pointed to Dad.

"He taught me." I accused. Dad glared back at me.

"Thanks for throwing me under the bus, traitor." He hissed. I smiled and stuck out my tongue.

"Invite him over for dinner tomorrow. I'll see if this Harry is good for my Darlin' baby girl." Papa said kissing my cheek.

"Okay. I'll text him." I replied excitedly. I went to my room and started texting Harry the details.

*Next Day*

I fixed my hair with a sigh.

"What's the matter?" Wanda asked, sitting on my bed.

"I just want my dads to like Harry. He's a good guy and I want them to see that." I explained.

"And you want to go out with him."

"I guess you can say that." Wanda laughed and came to stand next to me.

"You look beautiful and tonight will be great." She smiled.

"Thank you, Wanda." I smiled nervously. I wore a blue shirt that showed my shoulders and dark jeans. I only wanted this night to be totally normal. I wanted to forget that I was being raised by The Avengers and that I was bringing home the future head of Oscorp Industries. FRIDAY alerted us that Harry was here and I looked over at Wanda.

"I guess now's the time." I sighed. We walked to the elevator and out into the living room. There, I saw Papa polishing his shield, Tony polishing his repulsers, Thor polishing his hammer, Nat polishing her knives, Clint polishing his arrows, and even Dad was polishing his damn arm!

"So much for normal." I groaned. Only Pietro, Bruce, Vision, and Wanda were being normal. I'd have to remember to cook with Vision sometime later to reward him for his normal behavior when he usually was the abnormal one. The elevator opened and Harry stood there wearing a black button up long sleeve shirt and black dress pants. He looked so good I could not even.

"Hey Harry, welcome." I smiled.

"Hey Lyric." He replied quietly. He handed me a bouquet of flowers and kissed my cheek. I felt my cheeks heat up and Papa and Dad were at my side at an instant.

"Harry, come on in. Dinner is served." Dad said. We all sat at the dinner table. I sat across from Harry and next to Thor.

"So Harry, what are your intentions with Lyric?" Dad inquired, not wasting any time. 

"I just want to make your daughter as happy as she makes me Sergeant Barnes. She's an amazing girl who deserves everything." Harry replied, his eyes never leaving mine. I didn't even notice my mashed potatoes fall off the fork.

"Harry, you know who I am right?" Papa asked. Harry nodded his head quickly,

"Of course, Captain Rogers. You're the man who saved the world countless times, hell all of you did. But tonight, if you don't mind, you're just my girlfriend's family." Wow, Harry, two; Avengers, zero. He was killing it.

"I guess I can understand that." Papa mumbled. Maybe tonight wouldn't be a complete disaster.

*1 Hour Later*

Harry went home almost immediately after the disaster dinner. Tony almost killed him with his hand repulsers and Pietro's super speed made him throw up. I sat on Papa's bed with my arms crossed. I was mad at pretty much everyone and didn't want to speak with not one of them.

"Darlin, please let us in." Papa begged.

"No!" I barked.

"Please! We love you." Dad pleaded.

"Fine, but one at a time. Dad first." I sighed. Dad came in and sat next to me.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"I don't understand why I can't continue seeing Harry. Why did you guys go through all that trouble to ruin dinner?" I frowned.

"Because you're my little girl. I don't want you out there with boys."

"I just want someone who has connections with me. I want someone who I can trust."

"You can trust me?"

"Yeah, but I don't wanna kiss you."

"But you want to kiss Harry?!" I gave him the coldest glare I could muster. Shut him up right away.

"I see your point." Dad sighed and left, signaling for Papa to come in. Papa walked in and smiled at me.

"I'm sorry." He said sheepishly.

"I want to date Harry." I said.

"But...boys nowadays aren't like they used to be. They don't care about the woman's opinion. She says no, he hears yes. I've been out of the ice long enough to catch up with that."

"We're 13! It's not like he's gonna be like, your parents aren't home. Let's have sex! Even if he does, I'll say no and he'll listen. I have enough faith in him to believe that he will."

"But I don't."

"Steve...Papa, I know you don't want me to leave and stop being your little girl, but I gotta get out in the world somehow." Papa sighed and hugged me.

"Call him. Invite him over or whatever tomorrow. If Bucky's okay with it, so am I." He relented. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you so much Papa." I cheered.