III. STAY AWAY

Is it normal for people you don't know eying you from head to toe?

I was getting distracted by several of my classmates looking at me during our lessons this morning. I tried to do my best not to get uncomfortable but I can't. Honestly, and not trying to become a judgemental person, I don't think those stares are just stares.

The bell rang and I was the first one to stand. I was at he door when someone pulled my arm. "Hey beautiful.."

"Let go of me." I quickly removed his hand and left.

Since it's lunch break, I went to our canteen and bought lunch. The canteen is filled with students but I managed to find somewhere to sit.

"Do you sit alone here?" A guy asked, looking at me. He was smirking and waiting for my response. "Can I sit with you?"

"U-uh.. You see.. There's-" I got cut off when Taehyung came to us and pulled the guy away.

"Back off. Don't you dare flirt with her." The guy looked scared and bowed and ran. Taehyung sat beside me. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

"I just noticed.. You always stay away from every guy in school. They're trying to make a move but you would walk away. Why?"

"You know.. Um.." Should I tell him? I mean, we're friends and I can trust him. My friends trust him. "When my mom was my age, she.. She almost got harassed by some guy in her school. She got traumatized by it making her skip school."

"So, what does it have to do with you?"

"I'm scared I'll experience that. I stay away from boys as much as I can for my safety."

"Then, why are you talking casually with me?" My eyes widened and my heart raced.

"'Cause.. 'cause you're my friend. Right? We're friends so, I trust you."

"You trust me? You don't know me, Jennie. You might not know. Maybe I'm like those guys you're afraid of. Why aren't you scared of being friends with me?"

He's right.. I know he's one of them but for some reason, he seems so different from them. I don't know.. I just liked  him, you know? Should I have a reason to like someone?

"I don't think so. You seem like someone who's good in some ways. You helped me with the guy earlier."

"You're the first.." He stood up. "Nice talking with you, Jen. See you around." He got his bag then left.

"Thought he'd never leave." A guy said and sat beside me where Taehyung sat a while ago. "Don't believe him. Don't be so nice to him 'cause he's not."

"What do you mean?" I asked moving away from him. "Do you know how many girls he harassed? Do you know how many girls he made out with? I'm warning you. Don't trust that guy. He's good in fooling people and you are his target right now."