30. OFFICIALLY YOURS

3 years passed...

"I'm back.." I looked around since I've missed this place so much. "It's been three years!"

*beep*

From: Jongin😎

Are you here? I'm at the farthest left.

I went to the farthest left and looked for him. "Where on earth-" And there he is. He's smiling at me while holding a bouquet of flowers. "Yah."

"Glad to see you." He said and walked towards me. He gave me the bouquet and the flowers smelled nice. "Do I get a hug?"

"Not today." He pouted and glared at me. "Just kidding." I wrapped my arms around him. "I missed you!"

"Well guess who misses you more? You're gonne for three years! What happened?" I broke the hug and crossed my arms.

"As if I didn't update you everyday? Even if I'm tired from work I still call you. Now you're asking me what the heck happened?"

"You really can't be joked. Are you hungry?"

"Psh.." He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah I'm hungry." He smiled and pulled me towards his car. "So this is the baby you're so proud of? It's smaller than I thought."

"Don't insult my car. I used up all my money for this." He opened the door for me and I went in.

"I have tons of cars in New Zealand. Such a pity, I can't bring them." He looked at me in disbelief. "Just saying."

"Stop boasting. Not all people are rich. I can't even buy myself a ticket to Australia."

"'Cause you're freaking broke because of this car. Now drive. I'm hungry!" I whined and he laughed.

"Okay.." We've been talking about what other useless things happened. Me being a clumsy soon to be CEO at work.. Him forgetting to pay the bills in his house... Things like that.

He parked the car near a, "This ain't a restaurant. It's a fair!" He chuckled and went out. "Jongin!" He rolled his eyes and opened the door. "I'm hungry!"

"There's also food here. They just opened this morning and I thought it would be fun to take you here."

"This place looks, kinda nice." He smiled and took my hand. "So suddenly?" He looked at out intertwined hands.

"I missed holding your hand." Then he pulled me inside.

There are tons of people here. It's also night time so the lights were all so pretty. He took me to a small restaurant. "It's fastfood. But it's fine."

He ordered for the both of us and sat in front of me. "You paid?" He nodded. "Wah.. Rich kid right here."

"Psh." We started eating.

I suddenly felt awkward. I thought it was just in my head but he was looking at me. "Yah. What is it?"

"You're pretty." I admit, I did blush at his words. Who wouldn't? "You're blushing." He said and chuckled.

"N-no I'm not." I said trying to hide my face. "Stop dreaming." I covered my face with my hand.

I suddenly froze when he held my hand and moved it away from my face. He caressed it and looked straight into my eyes. "Jen.. It's been three years and... I wanted to ask you.."

He wasn't even blinking! He's really serious about this. "What?"

"Will you... Will you.." What is he trying to say? My brows arched. "Will you finish eating 'cause I'm excited to play outside."

"You silly-!" I quickly stopped when people stared at us. "I thought you're gonna say something else." I whispered.

We finished eating and left. He then dragged me to a garden filled with lights. There's a bench on the egde and we both sat down.

"This place is good for those people who loves to look at the night sky." He said and looked up.

"Woah.. You're right.."

"Pretty." I turned to him who was already looking at me. "Jennie, I'm sorry for not having the courage earlier. I was so nervous about doing it."

"What were you really trying to say?"

He held both of my hands and looked at me. "I know this friendship is already enough and I'm happy as long as I'm with you. But..I wished we were more than this."

Is this it? Is he really gonna ask me?

"Jen, will you be my girlfriend?"

It felt like time slowed down when he said those words. Honestly, I have recovered from what happened years ago. I also became close to Jongin and though I'm in New Zealand, he was always there to cheer me up. I've known a lot of things about him and it's been three years.

I guess I can trust someone again?

Can I open my heart for someone again?

Will I be broken again?

I shrugged the last thought off. Jongin is not him. This is a different person Jennie. Stop comparing him to that bastard.

"Jongin, don't play with me, okay?" He smiled and nodded. "I'd like to open my heart again. I'd like to be your girlfriend."

--
Author's Note:

Phew! The JenKai moments are finally done! I actually thought I couldn't even complete a chapter but here I am!😅

I'm sorry for making you guys confused about the Jenkai moments. I know this is a Taennie fanfic but I kind of 'had to' make Jenkai scenes.

Let's just say, I was imagining Taehyung isntead of Kai while writing this 'cause I'm actually not that comfortable writing moments of idols I don't wholeheartedly ship, but I'll get over it, hopefully.

Thanks for the support everyone and I really appreciate your reads, votes and comments. I may not reply to all of them but I really read them. Thank you!😘😘