26. BE MINE?

"Jong In? What are you doing here? It's like seven in the evening." He smiled. "Why are you smiling?"

"I just want to see you. I want to know if you're okay." We just met this morning and here he is being so concerned.

"I'm fine. Why are you being concerned anyway? You just met me and we're not even THAT close."

"Is it wrong to be like this? I just want to check you 'cause...I care."

Silence filled our atmosphere. I didn't know what to say. Is he just saying that? "You know what? Just go home. I'm here, in my house so you don't have to worry anymore."

"Fine then. But just remember. No one's gonna lay a finger on you. No one's gonna hurt you while I'm here. They'll regret doing it. I'll make sure."

I hugged him and cried. "Tae..hyung.." I sobbed.

"Shhh... It's okay, it's okay.. They're gone now. Sshh.. Don't cry.." I tightened the hug and bit my lip doing my best not to cry. "It's okay.. I'm here. No one's gonna hurt you when I'm around. I'd kill them if I had to."

I remembered his words and my tears started to form. How could they say the same thing? Does this me he'll end up hurting me too?

"No. Don't say that. I-I have to go inside. Bye Jong In. Becareful in going home." I said wiping my tears. I ran back inside my room and cried. "Why can't I just forget about you? You're not the only guy in the world so why can't I just erase you? Why does it have to be so hard?" My cries might be heard outside but I'm just mad at myself for loving him so much. Too much.

I gave my everything to him. I thought I could trust him. I thought he'd be different. I thought he can change for me. But none of those happened. What I did just kept on hitting me. I felt regret. I shouldn't have let him rule over me.

This time, I won't make the same mistake.

--

"Jennie Kim!" I turned to him who was smiling at the gate. Aish.. Kim Jong In. "Jennie!"

The students were all looking at me. Some of them even whispered things to each other. I was frozen at my spot.

"Jen!" He shouted once again and ran towards me. "Yah.. Are you deaf or you're just ignoring me?"

"What are you doing? They're looking at us." He gave me a confused look and looked around. "This is embarrassing."

"Tsk. Don't mind these people. Let's eat somewhere." He grabbed my hand and dragged me towards a fast food restaurant.

"You are seriously planning to fatten me. You're spoiling me with food!"

"You don't like it?"

"I'm just saying. Not complaining tho." I sat on one table and waited for him who was ordering. Then, two little kids went inside. "Hey there!"

The shorter kid gave me a white rose. "It's lucky." She said.

"Lucky rose for a pretty girl like you." The taller one said before leaving with her friend.

"Lucky huh?"

"Jennie.." I turned to him. "Here it is." He gave me my one plate of spaghetti and hamburger. "Who gave that?" He asked looking at the rose.

"Those two kids. They said it's lucky."

"You believe those?"

"No harm though. I mean, they're kids. What can they possibly do? They just want to give this."

"Okay then.." He started eating his pizza and I ate my spaghetti. "You have to finish all of that."

"Psh. Don't underestimate me. I can finish this before you can even finish eating your round food right there."

"Bet?"

"It's on."

We both started eating as fast as we can. Ketchup was all over his face while I had MORE ketchup on my face because of spaghetti.

At last, he won. "See?"

"It ain't my fault you only bought pizza. I have spaghetti and hamburger for Pete's sake!"

"It's fine.. At least I won." He chuckled. "Now for my reward.."

"Don't ask for something I can't give or permit."

"What I want is simple." He moved his face closer to mine. "I want you to be mine."