38. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF

"Kim Taehyung!" I shouted at him and he looked at me. "Stop doing it."

"Do what?" He innocently asked and walked towards me. "I didn't do anything. I just got water. Why are you following me anyway?"

Wait. Was that my imagination?!

"Ah.. Y-you see... I'm on my way to the restroom. Excuse me." I quickly turned back and ran to the restroom. "That was so embarrassing." I looked at myself in the mirror. "What are you doing Jennie? You're sure you're over him, okay? Stop." I went out.

The seven of them were already sitting on the floor. Jin and Jisoo cuddling.. Rosé and Jimin giving each other food.. Kookie and Lisa fighting over a game.. And Tae. He was just crossing his arms, looking down.

I joined them and sat beside Chae. "So what are we doing?"

"Let's play?" Lisa asked, smiling. It scares me. They're up to something again. "You guys know this very well. Especially you, Jennie unnie and Tae oppa."

This is not good.

"Let's play seven minutes in heaven!" She shouted and they clapped. Except for me and Taehyung who is glaring at her. "Yah. Don't be mad at me."

"It's been so long! Let's do it!" Shouted Jimin as he spin the bottle at the center.

My heart raced. What if it's me? On the third time? What should I do? I'm taken! I can't just kiss whoever that person is!

Just when I was hoping it isn't me, the bottle cap pointed in my direction. Shit.

"Ahhh! Jennie unnie!!" Chaeyoung rejoiced and hugged me. "Point at Tae oppa!"

No.

Lisa spinned the bottle and it landed on, her. "Okay, whut?" We all looked at each other. "Girl and girl? Woah, peeps, I'm straight. Though Jennie unnie has the perfect bod, I can't. I was gay for her once but... can't." We all laughed at her. "I'm spinning again!"

Everyone was focused at the bottle. They started shouting when it slowed down, and pointed to, him. "OH MY GOSH! IT'S TAEHYUNG!! GUYS!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! DUCK, COVER, AND HOLD EVERYONE! THIS IS GONNA CAUSE AN EARTHQUAKE! REMEMBER, DO NOT PANIC!! WE'RE GONNA DIEEEE!!"

All of them were shouting random things and here I am covering my ears. "LET'S GET IT! YAH! GET INSIDE!"

"Guys, guys... No." They stopped. "For the thousandth time, I'm taken. I'm taking this relationship seriously and I don't want to do anything that would ruin it. I'm not doing anything that would make Jongin upset, okay? Choose somebody else." I looked at Taehyung who isn't moving since the start of the game. "I'm sure Tae doesn't want to do it too. Right?" He didn't respond. "Tae-" He immediately stood up and left.

"You're wrong girl. He wanted it." All of them looked at me.

Was I wrong?

--

A month passed.

'Jongin! I'm visiting later. You're at work right?'

'Yep. Why? Did something happen?'

'Ah.. I just want to see you. We haven't seen each other for weeks! I miss you.'

'*chuckles* Okay, okay.. See you later.'

I fixed my things and myself. I was so busy working, I didn't have time for myself. I walked to Jongin's workplace. I didn't bring my car but I can manage.

It's almost seven in the evening. He can go home at eight so I'm not that late.

"Excuse me? Is Kim Jongin still here?" I asked one of the workers.

"He just went home ten minutes ago. Boss decided to let us leave and hour before eight."

"Oh.. Is that so?" She nodded.

"Anyway, you're his girlfriend right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I was just wondering. Maybe that was just his sister or relative." She said before leaving.

"Sister? He has a sister?" I left the building and called him. He isn't answering! "Yah, Kim Jongin.." I called him several times but he wasn't picking up.

I decided to call a taxi and went to their house. I knocked and he opened the door. "Jennie?"

"Yah! Why didn't you wait for me? I told you I'll visit you at work."

"Um.. I was-"

"Kai?" It's a girl's voice!

"Who the heck is Kai?" A girl I don't know clung onto him. "What... What's this?"

"Who are you? Babe, who is she?"

"BABE?! Jongin, what the heck is this?! Are.. Are you cheating on me?!"

"I-I.."

"You! How dare you talk to him like that?! I'm his girlfriend! Kai, didn't you tell her that you're taken?" His.. Girlfriend?

"But, I'm your girlfriend!"

"We've been together for five years! How dare you call yourself his girlfriend? Are you that desperate, bitch?!"

"Jen, let's talk about this."

"What-" She was about to shout something but he immediately shouted.

"Not now!" He grabbed my wrist and went out. "Let me explain-" I slapped him. "Jen.."

"All this time?! You were just making me look like an idiot?!"

"Jennie listen to me. I was confused. She told me that she wants a break up and we did. Then I met you and we started to get along. But she wanted us to get back together."

"And you said yes?!"

"I can't say no. Jen, I love her."

"How about me? Jongin, I thought you love me? I thought you cared about me? Why.. Why did you have to play with my fvcking feelings?!"

"I didn't know how to say it to you."

"You could've just talked to me on the phone! Or even sent me a voice message!"

"Jennie, I'm sorry."

"Do you think your sorry can make me feel alright!? Jongin I thought you're honest about us?! Why didn't you tell me?! Why do I have to catch you with her?!"

"Jen, I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry.." He held my hands but I quickly stepped back and pushed his hands away.

"Do you even love me? Were you just pretending? All this time?!"

"I don't want this to happen.."

"But it did, Jongin! How could you do this to me?"

"I'm sorry."

"Choose. That girl or me?" His eyes widened. I didn't want to make this problem bigger. He just need to choose one. Just one.

"Jen.. I-I love her." My tears started to flow. "I hope you understand-"

"So you don't really love me. After everything, you're just pretending. You never had feelings for me, did you?"

"I didn't know what to do."

"Why did you have to do this?" I said before turning away.

I thought I wouldn't feel this stupid heartbreak anymore. I thought I was right about my decision.

Why am I so unlucky about this? Why am I always getting hurt?