29. NEW ZEALAND

'Are you there? How was the plane ride? Are you with your parents?'

'Yah. Ask them one by one. I can't answer you like that. But okay. Yes, I'm already in New Zealand. The plane ride was awesome. And I'm having dinner with my parents. Happy?'

'Of course. Oh! I'm sorry for disturbing your dinner. Bye!'

He ended the call.

"Who was that Jen? That new friend of yours who will end up hurting you just like what that Taehyung did?" Dad said making me not say a word.

"Hey.. Don't scare our daughter." Mom's calm voice somewhat made me feel at ease. "Jong In is not Taehyung."

"I know. I'm just saying that she shouldn't trust people, especially guys, that easily. That Taehyung... I'd kill him if it won't ruin my reputation."

"Dad.. Mom.. Let's not talk about him. That's all in the past and I moved on. Jong In's different okay?"

"Different my ass.."

"Honey..! We're eating. Your language please." Mom said slightly pinched dad's arm. I silently laughed at their interaction.

After our dinner, we went to Mom's house. She lived here half of her life that's why. "Mom.. I'll be in my room."

"Okay hun. I'll be sleeping with your dad." She smiled and both of them enetered their room.

I took my bag and went inside. The scent is so like my mother! There are a lot of pictures of here when she was young. There's even a picture of her and dad. "They look so happy together."

Then suddenly, I remembered what I said to Jong In that day.

'If I give you a chance, will you hurt me?'

'Why would I hurt you? Will I be doing this if I will just hurt your feelings in the end? I won't Jen.'

'Will you wait for me?' He nodded and smiled. 'Even if it will take decades?' He chuckled and nodded.

'I will wait for you even if it takes thousand years.' I smiled at his words. I just hope he won't tell me all of these are fake in the end. 'Will you give me a chance?'

'I don't see any reason why I shouldn't.' His eyes sparkled and pulled me for a hug. 'Yah..'

'I'm sorry, I'm just.. Too happy. Thanks for giving a chance Jen. You won't regret this.' He said caressing my hair.

'Don't break my heart like he did.' I whispered.

'I'll end my life if I will.'

"I hope my decision's right. I don't want to feel the heartbreak I felt again."

--

3rd Person POV

"She left?!" The teenage boy shouted at his 'spy'. "Why didn't you tell me about this?! Why now?!"

"I-I'm sorry. We also got the information just this morning." The younger guy said.

"You're useless." He stood up and left his house. "Where did she go?" He went in front of her house.

The house is dark and silent. No one is in there anymore. He tried using the doorbell but no one  was answering.

"Jennie!!!" He shouted. "Please no.." He kept on banging the door, hoping she'd come out and the news was fake. "KIM JENNIE!!"

But no one answered.

"Please tell me you're here.. Jen.." His tears fell down, together with the heavy rain that just started to pour. "Why did you have to leave?" He banged the door one last time. "Please come out..Jennie.."

He stood there in their doorstep and hoped. He was just looking at their door and didn't mind the rain.

"Jen, I'm sorry..."

"Look who's crying.." He turned around and saw him. "Surprised? You didn't expect your ex bestfriend to be here?"

"Why are you here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'll be celebrating your doom." He said and laughed. "I hope she never comes back. I hope she dies!"

What his so-called 'Ex bestfriend' said made him furious and started punching him. "You fvcker!! I stayed away from her! What else do you want me to do?!" He grabbed the guy's collar. "Why do you have to make someone hurt her?!"

"I thought I told you? I will make you pay Kim Taehyung. She will suffer." He confidently said.

"She did nothing wrong to you!" He threw another punch. "Why can't you just leave her alone?!"

"You took the only girl I loved away from me! I will make sure the same thing happens to you."