32. THE PROMISE

"Jen.. Jen, I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to. I was just-" Before he could finish, she slapped him hard. "I'm sorry."

"You haven't changed a bit. I'll never forgive you." She said walking away.

Taehyung fell on his knees and cried. It wasn't his intention. His emotions took over him. She was saying too much that it already hurt him. It's even from her, the one he loves. "I'm so sorry.."

--

Jennie's POV

I went home and immediately washed my face. I looked at my bruised lips and felt disgusted by it.

I sat on my bed and thought. Why would he do this? He pushed me away. Was it just lust or there's something else I don't know? I shrugged my thoughts off and lied down.

"Tomorrow will be better." I closed my eyes and..."I couldn't sleep!" I sat down and blinked my eyes for several times. They said this will make the person sleep.

I lied down again and closed my eyes but I just can't.

"What is wrong with me?! I just want to sleep.." However, the things that happened today couldn't let me. I'm so curious.

I got my phone and called Jongin. I hope he's fine now.

'Jennie! Are you okay?! Did that bastard hurt you?!'

'I'm fine..' Of course I lied. I didn't want him to worry. 'How are you? Did someone treat your wounds already?'

'Don't worry about me. I already treated my wounds. I did have several black eyes but I'm still handsome.'

'Shut up.'

'Why are you still up? Can't sleep?'

'I don't know. Something just keeps bugging me but I'll get over it.'

'Tell me if you need help okay? You should rest.'

'Yeah, you too.'

'I lov-'

I ended the call. "Was he about to say 'I love you'? Aish! Why did I end it!?" I threw my phone on the bed. "I can't sleep!"

I looked outside my window. It looks safe outside. Wait. What? WHAT ON EARTH AM I THINKING?! But, what if I get sleepy while walking outside?"

It's final. I'm going out. I may have lost my mind and decided to stay outside at 2:00 in the morning. I took my jacket and went out.

The air was cold and it wad so calming. I stayed on the sidewalk and slowly walked. The wind brushed against my face. I closed my eyes and continued walking.

I hummed a song while doing so. The whole place is quiet and peaceful. It's so relaxing and..I'm actually...getting sleepy. I yawned at the thought of it. But I kept on walking.

I was trying hard not to close my eyes, I have to get somewhere. I held on the railings as a support when I reached the seaside. I listened to the sound of the waves and closed my eyes.

I heard several footsteps approaching me before I completely slept.

--

I smelled something cooking, making me wake up. Wait. "This isn't my room!" I looked under the sheets and thank goodness I'm still wearing my clothes last night.

This room.. Why does it seems familiar?

I heard footsteps going upstairs and I quickly covered myself with the blanket. Who knows who that is? The door opened and I pretended to be asleep.

"Jennie.." I almost opened my eyes hearing his voice. Now I know why this room looks so familiar. WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING HERE?! "Jen wake up." He held my hand making me open my eyes immediately. "I made you breakfast."

I looked at the tray of food he brought. These pancakes, look burnt.

"Um, about those black and brown parts, I may have burnt them." I looked at him in disbelief.

"What the- After what you did last night?!"

"Jen, I'm sorry. I didn't want to do it to you. I was just feeling different things until I couldn't control it anymore. I'm sorry if I hurt you.. I didn't mean to."

"And you expect me to believe that? I've learned my lesson and that is to not believe in you." I stood up. "Thanks for letting me stay but I'm going."

"No, Jen-" He held onto my wrist, softer this time. "I wanted us to talk. Can you first listen to my side?"

"I don't want to hear your lies."

"Jen hear me out first. You don't know what really happened, okay? Let me explain myself, please.."

"You know what Kim Taehyung, I don't know what you're up to. But I am here trying get out of your life. Why can't you just get out of mine?"

"'Cause you promised something."

"Taehyungie, always remember that I am only for you and you are only for me forever. That's not gonna change whatever happens."

"And I promise you that."

"You promised me that. That's why I can't just leave you. You said we're forever. I held onto that. After all this time, I still fvcking love you."