34. EXPLAIN

"This is his company? Woah."

The six of them told me about this place yesterday. They said Taehyung's parents inherited this to him. I really have to talk to him. This can't wait anymore.

I went inside the building. "Um, excuse me miss?" The front desk lady looked at me.

"May I help you, ma'am?"

"Um, can I talk to Taehyu- I mean, can I talk to the CEO? Mr. Kim Taehyung?" It feels weird saying his name like that.

"Just a moment ma'am." She pushed a button and talked. "Sir, someone wants to talk to you." She looked at me. "What is your name miss?"

"Just tell him 'J'."

"She calls herself, J, sir." They talked for several seconds. "He's at the 10th floor. His secretary will escort you." I nodded.

His secretary arrived and took me to the tenth floor. "Just knock, miss."

I walked closer to his office door and knocked three times. "Come in." His deep voice said. I looked at his secretary who is in his sixties. He gave me a smiling saying, 'It's okay'.

The door opened revealing him doing paperworks on his table. He was wearing a round and silver colored glasses.

"Who are you?" He asked not looking at me.

"You know me. You knew who I was when she said J." He put down his pen and looked at me. His face was serious and if I were some normal teenage kid, I'd faint but no.

"You're right." He extended his right hand, telling me to sit down. And I did. "What brings you here?"

"I want you to be honest with me." He humed as a response and continued doing his paperworks. "Is someone trying to kill you?"

His eyes widened and he stopped working. So it's true. He turned to me and stood up. "Where..who told you that?"

"You seriously thought I wouldn't know? Taehyung! Why would you keep something like this?! Tell me," I stood up and walked towards him. "Why did you break up with me?"

I was looking at his eyes that is piercing into my soul. I couldn't tell his emotions but something was sure. He didn't want me to know about this.

"Honestly this time Tae. Why did you have to say those things to me? Why were you so harsh towards me, when I did nothing wrong?!"

"Because he'll hurt you!" I internally gasped. "I didn't tell the others, but that piece of shit is going to kill you if I won't! He said to cut my connection with you and I did. Jennie I was scared.. He knew you were someone I cared for and he wanted to take you away from me."

Does this mean, he wasn't the target? I am?

"He was not after me, but after you. I didn't want to break up with you because I like someone else. Not because I don't love you anymore.. He threatened me and I had no other choice."

"You.. But at the park.. You kissed someone else. I don't get this!"

"I was drunk and that girl was an obsessed stalker. I saw you instead of her that's why I kissed her. But she was killed."

I suddenly remembered when I got home. It was reported when I watched the tv. She was the one who got killed?

"They've mistaken her as you and followed her home. Jennie, they're serious in making my life difficult. If I haven't broke up with you, that shit would have happened to you."

"But why didn't you tell me?"

"That wouldn't even make a difference. They will still hunt you down and I can't be there to protect you." He sat down and looked at me. "But he's caught by the police. He couldn't harm anyone anymore." He continued doing his paperworks. "Now go. If you want me to stay out of your life, I will."

I was looking at him. I didn't notice at first but his eyes were filled with tears. Tears that he's holding back. He stood up, back facing me and arranged his table.

I slowly walked towards him. I wrapped my arms around him and cried. "I'm sorry." It was a whisper that he can only hear. "I'm so sorry." I felt so guilty. He was right. I knew nothing.

He held my hands and made me face him. He saw me crying and wiped my tears.

"I shouldn't have judged you, Tae. I shouldn't have said those things to you.. I'm sorry.." I was having a hard time controlling my sobs when he pulled me for a hug.

"Shh.. It's okay.." He was rubbing my back, trying to calm me down. I burried my face in his chest. "You didn't know." I hugged him tightly and clutched his polo shirt. "Jen.."

"I'm sorry. You were just trying to save me. I should've known, Tae."

"That's enough crying.. Stop blaming yourself. It's okay..we're okay." I broke the hug and looked at him. "Right?" He smiled and wiped my tears.

"Let's start out as friends again?"

"I'd love that." But he suddenly pushed me on his table and kissed my lips. "But I want us to be more than that." He bit my lower lip making me moan a little.

THIS OPPA!

I slightly pushed him. "I said we'll start out as friends!!" He chuckled and pulled me up.

"...With benefits." I slapped his arm. "Ow.." He pouted. "Fine. We're still good?" I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"See you around." I was about to go out when he said another piece of annoying crap.

"Yah Jennie! I'm still better than that Jongin!" Dafq? I looked back at him. "I'll get you back."

Damn. That sexy tone.