37. CHRISTMAS EVE

Author's Note:

Guys let's just imagine that it's already December in this story😂 I'm pretty excited about the Christmas vacation by the way😆

Sorry for being late😢 Prepare for a boring chap everyone😂
--

'Yah! I won't give you chikin if you won't come!'

'Jisoo.. I said I'm busy.'

'Who the heck has work on Christmas eve?!'

'I have a lot of things to finish, okay? Besides, you've got the others.'

'Ani! We should be complete. We're all busy with our works and stuff and that is the only day when we can bond and see each other.'

'But Jisoo-'

'No buts! You're coming. If you won't, I swear..'

Call Ended.

"Aish, this eonnie." I put down my phone and continued doing the paperworks. It's been three weeks. He really left me alone. He didn't bother me anymore.

I admit I felt bad doing that. But I already have someone. I can't just cheat on him. Jongin loved and cared for me. But Taehyug.. He saved my life and sacrificed his happiness. I can't choose! "I don't know!"

"Hun?" Mom and dad entered my office. "You have some explaining to do." I almost forgot. Dad wanted me to tell the truth when mom comes back.

We sat on the couch. I faced the both of them and told them everything. They were confused at first but realized, he only decided to pick the better option.

"I feel guilty." Dad started. "I really liked that guy."

"Dad, you tried to end his life. You should've listened to the truth before you tried to commit a sin."

"That's what I'm mad about. You're right. I should say sorry to him." I nodded.

Mom held my hands. "Jennie, is something wrong? You don't look so well."

"Ah, that's just.. I haven't slept since last night. I have a lot of work to do."

"We're sorry for making you take the burden."

"It's okay. I'm old enough." I smiled at her.

"We should go. We're having a dinner at one of our business partner's house." Dad said and stood up. "I'll be waiting at the car." Then he left.

"Hun," Mom looked at me. "Tell me what's wrong. Honestly this time. Maybe I can help?"

"Mom.. I feel bad for Taehyung. I mean, we're okay. But, I feel that, I'm the one who's wrong for pushing him away. You know that I love Jongin and he loves me too. Taehyung's just.. I don't know."

"I think you still have feelings for him."

"What? Mom, no. I'm sure I have no feelings left for him. I just told you, I love Jongin."

"Then, why would you feel like this? You feel guilty? You feel bad? Do you regret pushing him away?"

"I-I don't know."

"Jen, I know Taehyung's a good guy and he'll do anything for you. I honestly like him better than Jongin, honestly, since first day." I'm offended. "I'm not saying this 'cause I like Taehyung for you but, why don't you just break up with that Jongin?" I gave her a confused look.

"Pardon?"

"Just saying. Anyway, I don't think I helped you about this problem of yours."

"Then, I'll ask dad."