XVI. PROMISES

Jennie.

"Ah, thank you.." I bowed to the old lady who gave me flowers. She said it's really lucky. I went to a café nearby and bought a coffee and cake.

I checked my phone hoping he sent me a message. But he didn't, again. For three months, he never called or messaged me. I had no update or anything about him. If he's doing fine.. I don't know.

I continuously stirred my coffee while reading a story on my phone. It's Saturday and I don't know what to do at home.

I took a sip and my eyes were on my phone again. Seconds passed, I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes. "Guess who I am?" He asked.

That deep voice..

"Taehyung?!" I removed his hands and I turned around. "Taehyung!" I stood up and hugged him. I don't care about the people staring at us. He's here.. He's okay..

"Did you miss me?"

"Of course I did." I broke the hug and glared at him. "You never called or texted. I was so worried. What happened?"

"Um.." He looked down.

"Tae.. Did something happen?" I held his hands. "Come on, you can tell me."

"N-no... Nothing. It's just, I missed you so much and I didn't mean to do that. I was just busy and I forgot to call you. I'm sorry."

"Tsk, it's fine. You're here! I'm happy with it." I smiled at him and pulled me to hug me again.

"I miss you so much." I hugged him back. "You don't know how many times I thought of you. How many times I wished to go home and be with you. I miss you Jen."

"Yah.. Don't be a baby. I'm here now, okay?" He let go of me and we sat down. "So what happened?"

"It's just.. Business and stuff. Don't worry they're not a big deal. How about you? Are you doing fine here? Did somebody harass you?"

"Nope. I'm fine here. Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa were checking on me everyday. Also, the boys were trying to call you. They're also worried about you. Jimin even tried to book a flight."

"But you stopped him, right?"

"His parents did... and Jungkook. He said that maybe you're just busy and if something happened to you, you'd always find a way to return."

"Yeah.. I would."

"Yah Taehyungie. Are you hungry? I'll buy you something."

"Ah.. You don't have to. I'm full."

"Really? You look like you haven't ate for months. You forgot to eat because you're busy?" He nodded. Why isn't he talking like before? "Taehyung.. Are you really okay?"

"Y-yeah.. I'm just tired."

"Oh..okay." I sliced a piece of my cake and continued reading. He seems not in the mood to talk.

"Jennie..." I looked at him. "Can you please continue talking? I missed your voice." He pouted. "I may not converse with you like before but I'll do my best."

"Why didn't you say so? What do you want to talk about?" I closed my phone and focused on him.

"Did some guy try to flirt with you here? Did someone dare to court you?" and there he is..

"Aish... Why would you think of that? No one did any of that. And if they did, I'll say that I already have a good-looking, over protective and thoughtful boyfriend who I can't afford to lose and that is you." His lips curved to a smile and caressed my cheek.

"Thanks Jenjen."

"Taehyungie, always remember that I am only for you and you are only for me forever. That's not gonna change whatever happens."

"And I promise you that."

--

Third Person.

"So she's that lucky girl." A guy said and lighted a cigarette on his hand. "Boss is gonna be so happy when he finds out."

He dialed a number on his phone.

'Did you find him?'

'Yes. He's currently in a café with a girl.'

'Great. Find out if that girl is his most precious treasure that he endured everything just to get home.'

'Right away.'

'If she is. Take her.'

--

Author 's Note:

Here's the update!!🤗 So the story is starting to get dangerous but not too much. And first day of exam is doneeee!🎉 Two more days and it's finished. They are not easy, REALLY, so I still need to study😉