23. BROKEN

"Jennie! Oh my gosh, you're okay..." Mom said rushing towards me. "How are you feeling?"

Then I remembered.

"I'm still alive.."

"Of course you are! You made us worried!" She hugged me. "What happened? Did you try to end your life? Sweetie, if you're having a problem just tell us."

"No.. It was an accident. I didn't want any of that to happen. Mom.. Did Taehyung visit?" I remembered. He was mad at me the last time we talked.

"You've been here for almost a month but he never stopped by. Did something happen?"

"N-nothing. Maybe.. He didn't know." She still looks confused. "Um.. Where's dad?"

"He's there at the company. He was here this morning. The truth is, he never got enough sleep. He's helping the police find that man who bumped you. They said he works for someone, they still have no progress or any information besides that." I nodded. "Are you hungry? Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine. Thanks mom."

--

My teachers said I can still rest for a week in order for me to totally recover. But I wanted to see him. I wanted to talk to him but my parents won't let me leave. I also tried messaging him and even calling him but it was no use. "Why is he acting like this? Shouldn't he be happy that I'm okay?"

I can't take it.

I checked if there's someone downstairs and when the coast was clear, I left. I took a taxi going to our school. I wasn't able to get inside since the teachers would tell my parents so I waited outside.

Just when I was going to sit on the waiting shed, the bell rang indicating the dismissal. I waited for him to go out.

...

...

...

He was wearing his earphones just like when the first time I saw him here. "Taehyung!" He looked at me with his expressionless face and stopped. I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "I missed you."

"Jennie." He said in a cold tone. "Let go." I looked up to him and let go.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"What do you want?"

"Why are you like this? Did I do anything to you? Did I upset you? Why are you being like this to me?"

"Do you really think I'd take you seriously?"

What?

"What are you saying? Tae, I don't understand you!"

"Then don't! I don't care about you anymore so just go away."

"Taehyung..."

"You're just one of those sluts I dated. I'm not the kind of guy who takes girls seriously so don't assume that you're different. I just wanted to try you."

"Tae that's not true! Stop saying that... Please.."

"Who told you I was lying? I was just playing with you and you were willing to let me do things to you. You're all the same in my eyes and I never took you seriously. I didn't take anyone seriously."

"But you said-"

"I was just toying with you. You believed that shit?" He moved closer to me. "I warned you right? You don't know everything about me."

"No.. I-I thought you love me?"

"I don't know that word, Jen. You're stupid for believing in me. Get out of my sight."

"W-wait.." I held onto his shirt and cried. "But you promised me.."

"Everything was a lie. I can't believe you believe in that. Promises are meant to be broken and were over." He pushed my hand away. "So stop following me. I'm tired of you. Desperate bitch."

"Tae please..! Let's talk about this." I grabbed his arm before he leaves.

"Why can't you accept the fact that I just played with you!?"

"I love you! I love you so much and I don't want to lose you! Tae you know that I trust you right?"

"'Cause you're stupid. Now let me leave." I tightened my grip and shook my head.

"Don't go.."

"Jennie I don't love you and just accept it!" I loosened my grip on his hand. His words echoed in my head. I didn't think he'd say this to me.. "Stay away from me from now on." He said before walking away.

I was trying hard to hold back my tears. I bit my lip to stop crying but I wounded myself instead. I was standing there, frozen. How could he be so sweet to me? It was all for a show? Because he only wanted to try me?

When I got to my senses, I called a taxi and went back home. Mom and dad looked at me, looking so worried. "Jennie!" They ran towards me. "Where did you go?!" Mom said hugging me.

"We were this close in calling the cops. Why did you leave?" Dad was holding his phone angrily while his eyes were wide open. They're mad.

"Mom.. Dad..." I hugged them both making them confused. "He... Broke up with me.." I said between my sobs.

"Who? That Taehyung guy?!" Dad broke the hug. "I thought he could be trusted."

"He said that he only wanted to try me and everything he did, he said, were all bunch of lies.. I don't believe him.."

"That prick! We shouldn't have let him hurt you. I'll find him. I swear, I'll kill him if I had to!"

"Dad..no please.. Maybe he's just confused or something.."

"Don't tell me you still love him after what he did? Jennie. You don't deserve him. You will find someone better, I'm sure."