IV. HIS SONG

A target? What is he trying to say?

I kept on thinking about what that stranger said to me. I know, REALLY, that Taehyung is a playboy and I'm dumb enough to fall for him. But the fact that he's our friend makes me not believe in what the stranger is saying.

"Hey Jen." His deep voice cut my thoughts. "You look so confused. What's wrong?"

"N-nothing. I'm just stressed." I reasoned. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in your class?"

"Stop being silly. The teachers are having a meeting. We have no class and I have nothing to do so I came here. No one's gonna stop me from doing what I want."

"So.. You want to go here? Why is that?" He smiled and brushed his hair back. Shit. I think I died for a millisecond.

"Let's just say I want to hang out with you. I have no one to talk to since, they're afraid of me. And you're not."

Afraid? Why would they be? "Why would they be afraid of you? You're not some murderer or something."

"There are things you don't know about me Jen. And it's better if you never meet that dark side of me. You're not gonna like it."

"Ohh.."

We stayed silent for a couple of seconds. This is so awkward! Should I start a conversation? He's just looking at his feet while slowly stomping them.

"Let's go somewhere." He took my hand and  left the classroom. The other students were looking at us making me hide my face. What if they'll hate me because of this?

He took me to the music room and got a stool. "What are we doing here?" I asked. But instead of answering my question, he signaled me to sit on the stool. I obeyed.

He took an acoustic guitar and stood in front of me. He positioned is fingers and strummed.

"You can play?" He looked at me and nodded. "Can I.. Can you play something?" I shyly aksed. I'm too brave to ask him that since were not that close.

"What do I get if I play you an original?"

"I'll think about it after the performance." I smiled.

"Okay then." He started strumming and picking the strings. I focused on his hands since I can't look straight into his face. I might turn red and that is very embarrassing.

She looks like a blue parrot
Would you come fly to me?
I want some good day, good day, good day
Good day, good day

My heart raced, hearing his deep voice. He looked at me who is admiring him from here. He chuckled at my embarrassed expression.

Looks like a winter bear
You sleep so happily
I wish you good night, good night, good night
Good night, good night

Imagine your face
Say hello to me
Then all the bad days
They’re nothing to me
With you

He's singing as if he felt every word in the song. He walked towards me and smiled.

Winter bear
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Sleep like a winter bear
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Sleep like a winter bear

He ended the song and I clapped like a seal. "It was amazing! Good job!"

"You're the first person who heard me sing. And you're the first person who heard something I wrote."

"Then I'm honored." I stood up and bowed. "Thanks for being with me, Taehyung but... I think we should go. The meeting might end any minute now."

Before I could get down, he pulled me and pinned me on the wall behind the stage. "What about my prize?"

"O-oh.. Um.. What do you want me to give you? Or you want me to treat you later?" He added another hand on the wall, trapping me. "Uh.. T-taehyung?"

"What about.. You? Can I have you?" He whispered on my ear and kissed my neck.

"U-uh.. How about something else?" He pulled me closer and our bodies touched in an instant. His hands on my hips and his lips never left my neck. "T-tae?"

"I missed this, Jen. Can we do it again?"