25. FRIENDS

"Cute or Sexy?"

"Why would you even ask that? Can I say both?" He shook his head. "Tsk. Sexy."

"Really? You pick sexy over cute? Wah.. You're really something. Jennie, you look so innocent but.. Yah.."

"Fine, I get it. You know what? Let's stop this nonesense and go home. My parents must be so worried." I got my bag and stood up. "Thanks for the treat. And thanks for the small chitchat. I really appreciate it."

"Anytime."

"By the way. You're cool." He smiled then I went out. It was almost six, since Jong In kept on babbling. He's pretty nice tho.

As I was going to walk all the way home, I heard footsteps like someone was following me.

I turned around seeing a dog searching for something inside a trash can. "I thought it was something." I continued walking. Then I heard the footsteps again. I stopped. I turned around seeing the dog walking away. "That's..odd?"

I continued walking, this time I walked briskly. It's dark and I don't know if it's safe here.

When I looked down, I saw a shadow of someone from behind. I stopped and my heartbeat raced. What if it's a bad guy?

I was scared to turn around since the shadow was still there. It's there, not even moving. Then, I saw that person's shadow take out a knife.

I didn't know what to do. I was scared. He slowly walked closer. "AAHHHH!!" I shouted and ran. I ran as fast as I can. "It's a dead end!" I turned around and I saw a guy in a black hood, holding a knife. "Isn't that..?" I remembered him!

He raised his knife and slowly walked towards me. I walked backwards until I had mo more space, just a tall wall.

"Please, don't hurt me. I have nothing to do with you." But he didn't listen. He kept on walking towards me. He raised the knife and I had no other choice but to close my eyes and wait for the knife to cut through me.

But it didn't.

I saw Jong In fighting him instead. He was trying to get the knife and he did. The guy in a hoodie ran when his weapon was took. "Jennie! Are you hurt?!" He dropped the knife and ran towards me.

"No. Thanks for saving me. I owe you one." I voluntarily hugged him. "Thank you."

"As long as you're okay." He hugged me back. "Let's go. I should've just stayed with you. This shouldn't have happened to you." He broke the hug.

"Where's your bike?"

"Well... My younger brother wanted to use it. He wanted to show it to his friends and show them that he's good at it. I guess, I'll walk you home?"

"Do I have a choice? At least I'm alive." He chuckled and grabbed my hand. "Let's go."

--

3rd Person.

They hugged before his eyes.

He was just hiding behind a space between two buildings to look after her. He witnessed how she was starting to get comfortable with him. That, somehow made him mad at his self. He wanted to be with her so bad, but everytime he's near, she gets in danger and that's the last thing he wants.