21. SHOT

Author's Note:
I'm tired of the roman numerals, bear with me everyone😂
--

"Pervert! Stop it." Jennie playfully slapped his face and sat down properly this time. "You do know that you only gave me a shirt and sweatpants. Of course I felt it."

Taehyung was smiling like an idiot and put his arm around her. "You turn me on, whatever you do."

"I... Do not need to know that." He chuckled and slightly pinched her cheek. "Yah! Let's just finish eating so WE can wash the plates. We still have class tomorrow remember?"

"I wish we don't." He pouted.

"Stop being a kid." She took a slice and fed him. "Good baby.."

They finished eating and both of them washed the dishes and everything they used. "Can you stay?"

"It's not my fault you're alone. My parents must be freaking out right now." She dried her hands and turned to him. "As much as I don't want to leave you here, alone.. I have to."

"Can you stay for another hour?"

"Nope. Let's go." She was the first one to leave the house since Taehyung searched for his car keys. "Taehyung! It's almost noon!"

Taehyung came out of the house and ran towards her. "In a hury to leave me?" He asked in a sad tone.

"Don't be so over dramatic. We'll still see each other tomorrow." Jennie heard something move somewhere behind the bushes. Her eyes scanned the place.

She saw a guy in black aiming a gun at Taehyung who was busy with his phone. He was about to pull the trigger when, "Taehyung watch out!" She blocked the bullet from hitting him and took it instead.

"J-jennie!" He held her arm. "What-" He looked at the direction where the bullet came from. He saw the guy that shot her and ran away. "You-! No.. Jennie.." He looked at her and fell on his knees, holding her. She was sweating and having trouble breathing. "Jennie! Don't close your eyes okay?! Hold on.."

He called an ambulance and Jungkook and the others. "Taehyung.."

"Jen.. Jen, don't worry. The ambulance is coming." She took his hand and held onto it. "Don't let go."

"Don't leave me." It was more like a whisper but he heard it and hugged her. "I-I.. I'll reach the hospital, right?" She was scared. It was visible on her face. "I'll still see you?"

Seeing the girl he cared for running out of breath and bleeding on his lap scared him. He didn't know what to do to calm her down. He couldn't calm himself either.

"Of course you will. Just hold on." She tightened her grip on his hand. "The ambulance is coming."

"Why can't you use your car instead?"

"I can't just drive while you're in that condition. What are you thinking? I swear I'll kill that guy. Fvck him! He'll pay for this." He caressed her face and a tear escaped his eye. She was catching her breath, suffering. "That was supposed to be me. You shouldn't be suffering like this."

"Don't cry Taehyung."

After several seconds, the ambulance came and they arrived at the hospital. Jennie's eyes were almost closed but Taehyung kept on telling her not too until the nurses brought her inside the emergency room.

He was pacing back and forth waiting for the doctor to go out. He couldn't calm down. His hands were shaking and he was sweating abnormally. "Please save her.." He was saying in repeat.

"Taehyung!" He turned to his friends runing towards his direction. "What happened?" Asked Rosé.

"Where is she? Is she okay?!" Asked Jisoo who was so close at choking him.

"She's inside. Someone... Someone tried to shoot me and she took the bullet instead."

"What?! Shoot you?! Who the hell would do that?!" Asked Jungkook. "Is it..?"

"Could it be him? Why would he do such thing? I thought your issue with him ended years ago?!"

They sat down and listened to him. "Irene killed herself and he's blaming me. I got nothing but torture when I left the country. I didn't know he would ask his men to follow me here."

"You mean he's hunting you down?" Jimin asked and Taehyung nodded. "Fvck it."

Then Taehyung's phone beeped. The seven of them read the text and looked at each other, afraid. "What should I do?"