XVIII. ALRIGHT

Jennie.

I decided to go back.

What if he needs my help? I quickly left the convenient store. I can't just stay here while my boyfriend was dealing with a dangerous guy.

I was just outside the place when the same guy with the knife earlier blocked my way. "Come with me."

"U-um.. Excuse me-" He pulled me aside and covered my nose with a handkerchief. This is what I see in movies! He's gonna kidnap me?

I kept on moving to get away. I held my breath just to not inhale the medicine in this thing. I tried to make a sound but he kept on hitting my stomach. He was pointing the knife at me and I can feel my skin getting cut by it.

"Yah!" Both of us looked at him. "Let her go!" Taehyung pulled me to him and the guy ran away. "Jen... Jen, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He hugged me and I hugged him back. I was crying and I was scared. "Shh.. Don't cry. I'm here."

We stayed like that for a minute.

"Thank you.."

"I'm sorry. This wouldn't have happened to you. This is my fault." He tightened the hug and I felt a pain on my side. "Jen?"

"I-I think I got a cut." I looked under my shirt and there's really a cut but I think it's not that deep.

"Shit." He called a taxi and carried me inside. "The hospital."

"What? No, no.. I can treat this at home." He glared at me. "It'll be fine."

"No. We don't know if that thing had a poison or something dangerous. I can't let something bad happen to you."

I didn't utter another word. He looked so serious and he looks frightened. It's rare to see him in this situation.

We arrived at the hospital and the nurses treated my wound. "She'll be fine, sir. Don't worry." The nurse said before leaving.

I felt relieved, and so was he. "I told you I'd be fine."

"This shouldn't have happened to you if it weren't for me. This is all my fault." He said looking down.

"Who was that guy? Why is he trying to hurt us? Do you really know him?"

"I'll tell you." He sat beside me. "I was part of a gang before and I had this friend. He was more like a brother to me. He helped me with every problem I have. But then, he changed and he was hunting me down. He sent one of his men here and he's trying to make me suffer."

"Why would he do that? Did you do anything?"

"He just changed because of something and because of that I ended our friendship. I can't blame myself. He was too much."

"What did he do?"

"It's not for you to know. I'll just tell you some other time." I nodded. I know since first day that he keeps a lot of secrets and I'm not forcing him to tell me each one of them.

I almost panicked when he put his head on my shoulder. I looked at him and his eyes were closed. "Are you sleepy?"

"Hm.. Let's stay like this." He whispered and I smiled. "Stay by my side, Jen.."

"Always, Tae.."