VII. SWEET

"Why would you always save me?" I asked looking at him. "You've always been my hero after that game. Why are you like this?" I just want to confirm things and I didn't want to assume anything.

"If I tell you.. I don't know if you're still gonna talk to me. I don't know if we'll still be friends. I'd rather not." He said and looked away.

"But I want to know. I promise nothing's gonna change. I'll still treat you like a friend, don't worry."

"That's what I'm afraid of." Huh? "But anyway, you should be careful. You're lucky I came. What if I didn't?"

"That's what I'm thankful for. Thanks for everything you did." He smiled and pulled me for a hug. "If we're actually together, I'd say I love you for who knows how many times." I joked.

"Then say it."

"Ah.. Nope. I'm reserving those words for someone." And that someone is you...when the time comes.

"You don't know how hurt I am." I broke the hug and looked at him. He's pouting!

"Aish.. Don't do that! You look like a kid! It doesn't suit you."

"Then what suits me, Jen? This side of me?" He said and pinned me on the wall. "Would you choose this one?"

"Um.. I change my mind. Both sides suit you." I smiled awkwardly and he pat my head. "Don't do that again?"

"Do what?" He asked and sat on the chair next to me.

"Y-you see... You have kissed me more than once and we almost made out. And we're not even in any relationship or anything. It's just.. I don't feel well doing it."

"You mean you don't like it." He gave me a serious face and stood up.

"No! I mean! Yes! I mean, maybe?" He chuckled. "I just don't think it's right." He pulled me again and wrapped his arms around me.

"Then I'll just hug you instead. Can I do that?" I nodded and hugged him back. "You hungry?" I nodded for the second time. "Come on."

We went out and REALLY left school. He took me to an ice cream parlor nearby. "Why are we here? It's lunch time."

"Can't we eat ice cream instead? This is really a great place, trust me." He said and we walked towards the counter. "One Hot Chocolate flavored and.." He looked at me.

"Milk Ice Cream."

"Yeah. What she said." He payed for it and we sat on one of the tables. "So you like that flavor? Why?"

"I don't know I just love milk since I was a kid. Maybe I got addicted to it. Why do you like Hot Chocolate?"

"I was brought to the hospital because of too much soft drinks. My parents told me I should stop so I drank it since then."

"You mean, you don't drink beer or.. "

"Nope." Really? He looks like a bad boy.. like someone who would drink beers and stuff but he only drinks hot chocolate? "Surprised?"

I nodded. "Tae.. What happened?"

"What do you mean, what happened?"

"Why are you dating a lot of girls?" He stopped for a minute.

"I don't think I should tell you. It's kind of a long story and I don't like retelling it."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was just curious. It's just that, I don't know anything about you and we're friends so.. "

"Ah.. Let me start off by introducing myself. I'm Kim Taehyung and I'm 17. My parents are abroad and I never got to see them for years. I love music and dancing. I have a sister but she's with my parents and I'm handsome." I laughed at his last statement. "What? Am I not?"

"No.. I mean, I didn't expect you to say that."

"Your turn."

"Okay. I'm Jennie Kim and I'm sixteen and my parents are both business persons. I'm an only child. I love taking pictures and reading and I can actually sing. I am a straight A student since I was in grade school."

"You're smart."

"Ah.. Not really.." Our ice creams came and we started eating. "Do you go here often?"

"I go here if I have problems or if I have to cool off. It's really a great place to stay if you're down. Why? You've never been to any place like this?"

"No.. I'm more of a home person. I don't leave the house if there's no emergency or anything. I just stay in my room all day."

"Why?"

"I'm not into going out since I'm a kid. My parents would ask me to go out with my friends but I'd rather stay home. I'm just.. I don't know.. scared of the world.."

"You're scared?"

"Yeah. I heard a lot on tv and my parents about the dangers of the world. I don't wanna face them."

"But you know you have to."

"I-I'm.. Just not ready yet. I still want to learn more before I live my life."

"I guess we're completely the opposite of each other." He said and ate. "But you're the first one I ever met who's like that."

"Is that good?" He nodded and my phone suddenly beeped.

'5 PM at my place! Let's play Seven Minutes in Heaven again?' -Lisa

--
Yay!! I updated😂 THAT was boring but I would make the next chapter good.. If I can😁 Thanks for the reads and comments!!💚💚