22. ACCIDENT

A week passed..

"Why are you distancing yourself from me? You only waited for my recovery then you never talked to me again?" Jennie asked.

She's right. After she got discharged, Taehyung started acting differently. She won't talk to her or even greet her whenever they see each other. She got so worried.

"Is something wrong, Tae?"

"Jennie please. Stop following me around. I need space right now. Why can't you get it? Stop being clingy." She stopped following him and he left.

"What did I do?" She was just there, standing and looking at him as he walk away. He was getting inside his car. "Taehyung!"

He closed the car door and started driving. He wasn't even sparing a glance at her when she kept on shouting his name.

"Taehyung wait!" Jennie kept shouting and running after him. She didn't know what she did and she wanted to talk to him about it. "Taehyung!"

She was in the middle of the road when she heard a car coming from behind. She turned around and the car was going fast. She couldn't move. She felt like her feet were glued on the ground. The car beeped but didn't even stop.

--

Taehyung's POV

There was a loud beep that came from the back and a car passed by me, running fast. I quickly stopped the car and checked.

I hope it's not her...

"Call an ambulance! Fast!" There was a commotion outside the school. People are all gathering outside.

"What happened? Did someone get hurt?" I asked while trying to pass through. "Excuse me."

I freezed knowing who it was. No, this can't be happening.

"Excuse me sir? But, do you know her? Are you a relative?" Asked the person behind me. "A car suddenly bumped her and just ran off."

Her head was bleeding and her face was covered with her hair. At first, I didn't think it's her, but... Her clothes..

It's her.

I just stood there and did nothing. I didn't know what to do! There was blood everywhere and she's unconscious.

The ambulance came and took her. I quickly returned to my car and drove to the hospital. I arrived together with the ambulance and watched the nurses take her to the emergency room, again.

*Beep*

'Like what you see? I told you Taehyung. People around you will suffer. Because of you, she might not wake up anymore.'

I froze on my spot. Baekhyun. Of course he's the one to blame.

'It was supposed to be you. But this is way better :)'

"THIS PIECE OF SHIT!" I almost broke my phone with my strong grip. I'm so mad at myself for putting her in danger. "This shouldn't have happened to her. This is all my fault.. I have only myself to blame." A tear escaped my eyes. "Please save her.. I promise, I'll stay away for good this time. I'll sacrifice my happiness for her safety."

I will do anything for you, my Kim Jennie.

--

Author's Note:

Another update guys!😇 Well technically I stayed up for 20 mins to finish this 'cause I had to. I still have class tomorrow but, yeah.. I can still wake up early, hopefully😕

Thanks for the votes guys and I love you all!!😘💚

Short chapter btw🤣 sorry bout that