39. HER END GAME

3rd Person's POV

Jennie was walking all by herself in the middle of the night. She didn't care about anything. She's mad at herself for being an idiot.

Her tears never stopped falling. She didn't wipe them knowing that they would just keep on falling and her efforts will be uselss.

She looks like a soulless body walking on the street. Her eyes are red and she walks like a zombie.

"Aish, really?!" She turned to the person who shouted. "Fvck it."

It's Taehyung! She thought. He was picking up cups of instant noodles. She wiped her tears and decided to help him. "Tae!"

He looked at her. "Jen.." Jennie picked up his food and gave it to him. "Thanks."

"What are those for?" She asked, not looking at him. She's scared he'll see her puffy eyes.

"I have nothing to eat. I can't cook, remember? Instant noodles are safer than experimenting in the kitchen."

Jennie laughed. She remembered those times when she would cook for him. When he would tease her average cooking skills..."Yeah.."

"Why are you here? Can't sleep again?"

"Ah.. Yeah.. You're right."

"Why are you looking down? Yah, face me." He said and held her chin up. "Were you crying?"

"What? N-no. It's because it's cold outside. Don't worry I'm fine." She smiled. "Anyway, I'll make you some real food."  She walked ahead of him. "You coming? Don't make me change my mind."

"Okay?" Both of them walked to his house. Jennie immediately went to the kitchen and washed her hands.

Why is she acting like MY Jennie before? Is she sick or what? He thought.

"Just wait right there." She commanded and he obeyed. Taehyung sat on the couch and watched her cook for him. He was really wondering why she became like that.

After several minutes, "Done!" She brought her dish in front of him. "Here you go. Hope you like it." She sat beside him.

"Why are you being like this?" He asked. Jennie's smile disappeared.

"Can't I cook for you? Am I not allowed in your kitchen anymore?"

"I mean, why are you doing this for me? Are you going through something?" She felt nervous. She didn't want him to know.

"Nope. I'm perfectly fine, Tae." She smiled and hid her real feelings.

Taehyung believed her and ate the dish she made. "Tastes good. You're still good in cooking." He complimented.

"Well of course." Jennie said showing off her Ausie accent. "Eat well, okay? I'll get you your hot choco." She stood up and went to the kitchen.

She made him his favorite, hot choco, and placed it beside his plate. "You still remember. I'm surprised."

"Why would I forget about it? It's YOUR favorite, you know? I should remember those things."

"Thanks Jen." He smiled and continued eating.

"Ah, by the way, do you have cold water? I'm thirsty. Can I have some?" She asked.