27. PARK

"What?"

"Kidding! You should've seen the look on your face. You were like," He kept on making fun of me and laughing his lungs out. "I was just joking okay?"

"That is not a good joke! You know nothing about what happened to me before we met so please! This whole 'like and love' issue is bullshit!" I didn't expect myself to curse but I quickly wiped my mouth. "I have to go." I left the restaurant, taking the flower with me. "I thought you were lucky."

I looked at it and my head turned to see a trash can nearby. I walked towards it and threw the flower.

"'Lucky'..."

There are a lot of people at the park, and there's even a band. I tried to go to the front area but the people are bumping me here and there. I had no choice but to stay in my position at the back and just listened.

People were jamming to their songs while here I am understanding every single line. Why do sad songs hurt me this much?

I sat on a bench not far from the park and allowed myself to cry. It's almost dark so no one would notice me being a weirdo.

"Let's go there!" A girl shouted.

I didn't care at first but when the person she's with spoke, "It's crowded." I slowly lifted up my head seeing the both of them holding each other's hands. "Are you sure?"

I looked away trying to hide my face. He shouldn't see me here crying over him.

He's nothing but a fvcking player. Nothing but that.

Just remember that, Jennie. In that way, you wouldn't dare to chase him again. You wouldn't dare chase something you know you can't catch.

I closed my eyes and wiped my tears. "Honey!" The girl shouted again. "Let's go there! Please? It's not everyday and we couldn't witness a concert if we're busy with our future right? It's just for tonight and-" She stopped. I got curious so I lifted my head and saw him kissing her.

Tears rushed out once again and I couldn't hold back my feelings anymore. I want to shout and tell him to stop torturing me. What I felt when he told me the truth was enough. Dying twice? Never thought it would be possible.

"I love you." If I was the one he's talking to, I'd feel the butterflies. But I'm not and I'm feeling pain. He was caressing her cheeks and he moved his face close to her-

"Don't look." He made me face him. "Let them be. You don't deserve him." My arms moved on its own and hugged him. "Stop crying over that piece of shit. I hate to see you cry."

I nodded and controlled myself. He's right. I shouldn't be crying over stupid things.

My face rested on his chest until I couldn't cry anymore. "Feeling any better?"

"Thank you." He smiled and caressed my cheek. "I mean it."

"You're welcome Jen. Don't cry because of him again, hmm?" I nodded and smiled. "There. That's more like it. Always smile, okay? You get prettier."

"Not in this situation, please.." He chuckled and held my hand.

"As you wish."

Jong In brought me home safely and I rested inside my room. I turned on the tv since I have nothing else to do.

"Tv's nice." I kept on switching channels since everything is all about the news. Someone was robbed, someone went missing, someone was murdered, illegal things and stuff happened today blah blah blah... Same old same old. "Ugh.. News." I decided to turn the tv off. "Useless shit. Just kidding."

I laid down on my bed and thought.

Jong In.

He's nice. He's friendly. He's always there to comfort me and lessen the pain in my heart.

*beep*

I got my phone and read the message.

From: 09xxxxxxxxxx

Jennieeee!!

"Who on earth-?"

Are you feeling fine? Did you sleep? Are you sleeping right now? Who am I talking to then?

"Aish.. Jong In."