XIII. HE'S LEAVING

Jennie.

"He should've told me."

I just heard that Taehyung is leaving next month. How come he didn't tell me about this?

"Jenjen?" He called and sat beside me. "Yah.. Why do you look like that? Is anything wrong? Did I do something?"

I didn't answer. I'm quite sensitive about people leaving. I lost my friends because they left the country. I didn't want to lose him too.

"Why aren't you talking? Are you still sick?" He asked and felt my forehead. "You're not.. Is something wrong?"

"How come you didn't tell me about you leaving next month? Do you think I'll be okay with that?"

"Y-you knew?"

"Of course! Tae, you know I lost my best friends because they left, without telling me. Now you?"

"I was.. Waiting for the right moment."

"Right moment? What right moment? When you're already there?"

"Jen hear me out first, okay?"

"Tae! You're all protective and stuff towards me. You know everything about me and the things I've been doing. But, why.."

"Jennie listen.. It's just for three months. After that, I promise, I will make it up to you. Don't worry, hmm?" He said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Why do people I care about always leave?" I said before walking away.

Flashback.

"Hey Jen.. Mom's calling me. I need to go home." Said Raeji.

"Yeah me too. I remembered that I still need to help my cousins with their booth. I'm sorry Jennie. We'll make it up to you." Sungha said holding my hands.

"Okay.. Um, call me if you guys need my help in something. Okay?" They smiled and nodded.

"Bye Jennie! Love you!" They shouted.

I had no idea that it was the last time we're gonna talk or see each other. They never told me about their parents sending them abroad.

Then the news came.

"Jennie.." Mom and dad sat next to me. "We hate to tell you this."

"Don't panic okay?" I nodded at them.

"You see, Sungha and Raeji's plane crashed somewhere in Europe. They were found dead last night."

"What do you mean? Sungha and Raeji never left."

"They didn't tell you?" I was confused. "Their parents sent them abroad for some training."

"We're so sorry about what happened. We hate to tell you the news Jennie."

End of flashback

And that is why I became friends with the six after several years. It took me a long time to forget about what happened and the trauma of becoming friends with others.

That is why I was so mad at Taehyung for not telling me. I didn't want that incident to happen again.

I went to the rooftop and sat on one of the wooden boxes. My tears were about to fall but I heard two people talking somewhere.

"I can't tell her. It will make her worry about me." That's Taehyung! Who is he talking to?

I stood up and looked for them. He was talking to someone I don't know behind a big trash can. "At least she knows. She'll get mad at you."

"It's better if she doesn't. Knowing Jennie.. She's not gonna let me leave if I tell her."

"Tell me what?" The both of them looked at me. "What else are you hiding from me, Kim Taehyung?"

"Jennie.."

"I gotta go. This is your problem. Bye." The guy he's talking to left in a hurry.

"Why are you leaving anyway?"

"It's not that important." He said looking down.

"Then why keep it from me? Taehyung just tell me the truth."

"Just don't worry about me. I'll be fine and that's what matters." He smiled and hugged me. "I know you're worried that I might end up like your friends. But trust me.. Even if my plane crashes, I will always stay alive for you."