28. GRADUATION

"That's mine!" He shouted when I almost stole his ice cream. He's right there ordering my food, my additional food rather. He came back and glared at me.

"What? I was just touching the cup. It's not like I have germs. I washed my hands, pabo."

"Soap can't remove all germs." He said and ate. "My food is mine."

"Well ha-ha shame on you cuz if it weren't for MY money, you won't be able to eat that." My ice cream came and continued eating.

We've got close.

It has been half a year already and this friend right here was always there for me. I admit, we were like cats and dogs all the time but it's just for fun. Bickering here and there.

"Anyway, graduation's next month. Where do you want to go for college?" He asked while still eating.

"I don't know.. My parents will send me abroad for a training. They're also coming with me so I won't have a problem."

"You mean you're leaving me?!" He shouted making everyone look at us. "You're leaving me?" He whispered.

"Don't be a baby about it. Of course I'll still have contact with you." He just stopped. "Yah Kim Jong In. I'm not gonna die."

"I just.. Feel sad knowing that I can't see you after your graduation." Why does he have to be so dramatic about it? "I couldn't see you in person."

"It's not a big deal."

"Well of course it is!" He stood up. "Why didn't you consider my feelings?" He left the place.

What is wrong with him?

"Jong In..." I took my ice cream and went out. "Jong In!" I shouted. He was not in sight. "Where on earth did he go?"

I kept on searching for him everywhere until I got tired. There was a bench nearby and I decided to rest.

"What a drama queen." I ate my ice cream that already melted because of the searching I've been doing.

The wind was starting to blow stronger that it made a white flower roll towards me and it started to rain.

I jumped and went inside a convenient store. The rain was starting to get heavier so decided to stay inside for a while.

I bought a bag of chips and soda. I sat near the glass wall and watched the vehicles passing by. There were also couples getting inside, soaked by the rain.

Couple.

"What a word." I continued eating my food and good thing the rain stopped. I called a taxi and went home.

I changed my clothes and plopped on my bed. The rain started to pour again making the atmosphere cold. Ideal for sleeping, yay!

My eyes were about to close when my phone rang. "Who is it?"

No answer.

"Hello?" I looked at the caller and it was unregistered. "Hello?" Is this a prank call or something? "If this is one of those pranks, do not dare do it with me." I ended the call and slept.

--

It was graduation day and my family is putting up a little celebration. Well, they invited several people but overall, it was just simple.

"Congratulations Jennie! You will be taking over your company soon.." A relative said.

"You'll be a great CEO." My parents' friend said.

"Thank you. I'll check on the other guests." They smiled and nodded.

I looked around, searching for people I know. I'm so bored. I have no one to talk to. I don't even know all almost of them.

"Is this even MY party?" I went to the garden and breathed.

"Why aren't you inside?" I turned around seeing Jong In with a present. "Congratulations on your graduation day."

"You didn't have to buy me a gift. Thanks for this Jong In." I hugged him. It was a friendly hug, I think. But I felt something different.

"Jennie... Can I tell you something?" We broke the hug and I looked at him. He looked sincere for once. "I.. Wanted to tell you this for a long time."

"Yeah, sure."

"I.. I like you." My world just stopped. "I know I've been saying that I'm just kidding or joking back then but, I'm just not ready to confess. I know this would affect our friendship but, this is the last time we'll see each other. I didn't want to regret one day."

"Yah! Is this one of your jokes again?! I told you I hate talking about this stuff."

"But this is what I really feel towards you. I didn't want to lose the chance. I actually feel bad for myself for not telling you earlier. When you told me you were leaving, I didn't know what I should do. I was scared. I'm scared I'll lose you forever."

"Jong In! What are saying?! Stop saying nonesense."

"I'm not saying nonesense. I really like you."

And I stood there, dumbfounded. I don't know what to say to him. And honestly, I'm scared. I'm scared that what happened back then would repeat itself.

"It's fine if you can't find the right words to tell me. Take your time. I just want to tell you." He smiled genuinely.

Then I thought, Taehyung and Jong In are far different from each other. I may not know his true intentions but,

I'm willing to give him a chance.