XVII. PROTECT HER

Jennie.

Weeks have passed and Taehyung is starting to be his usual self. I'm happy that he is. I still think something has happened when he left. I can't just ask him what.

"You see that guy? I heard he dated all the girls in his neighborhood and broke up with them the day after. DON'T go near him."

"Of course I won't. Why would I?"

"Just warning you. I was gone for three months and maybe someone here already had their eyes on you. The next thing I know is they're fvcking stalking you already. Can't let that happen babe, ever."

"You're gonna be there to protect me, I know. You don't have to say it 'cause you've been so over protective."

After I said that, silence was between us two. A guy with a bike suddenly stopped in front of me. "Here." He handed me a bar of chocolate.

"Yah!" Taehyung suddenly stood up. "Can't you see she's with her boyfriend?! We're dating so back off."

"S-sorry." He smiled at me before leaving.

"Aish! This is why I was warning you." He took the bar of precious chocolate. "Don't eat this." He sat down and whispered things "Was that fvcker blind? Didn't he see me here? Idiot."

I looked at him and put my head on his shoulder. "Tae.. Calm down and stop being so protective, please?"

"No. He's making a move. On you! Not on my watch."

"But.. You do know that whatever they do, I will never pick them over you." He slowly took my hand and caressed it.

"You're cute."

"Ani!" I sat down properly and hit his hand. "I'm just saying the truth."

"I know you are." He smiled and quickly stole a kiss. "Don't get mad?"

"Yah! Don't kiss me in public. People find it cringey."

"Who cares?" I glared at him. "It's not my fault I'm sweet."

"Ha-ha.. Funny." Seconds passed and his hands slowly held onto mine. "What's wrong?"

"Jen, when I say run, run fast, okay?" What?

"Stop joking around Tae. What's going on?" His eyes suddenly moved to the side. I curiously looked at that direction.

There was a guy in black clothes and a mask. He was wiping a sharp object, which I assume is a knife. He stopped doing it and I quickly looked away.

"Run okay? Don't let him catch you."

"But Taehyung, who is he? We don't know him. Maybe he's just a random guy-"

"I know him. I'll answer all your questions later. You have to leave.. Now."

"What? No. What if he'll hurt you?"

"Just go. I can handle myself. Hide, and don't let him see you." I was going to say another thing when the guy in black looked at us. "Go!" He shouted at blocked the guy from chasing me.

I never stopped running until I reached a convenient store. The place was too far so I didn't know what happened.

"Taehyung.."

--

Taehyung.

"Why are you here?" He removed his mask and looked at me. "Did Baekhyun send you here?"

"It doesn't matter. I have an order to follow." He tried to leave but I grabbed his wrist. He was quick to point the knife at my arm. "Let me go or you'll die."

"A knife can't kill me." I turned around and punched his face. I tried to steal the knife but he cut me with it. My palm was bleeding but I still managed to throw another punch. He dropped the knife and I kicked it away. I grabbed his clothes and made him face me. "Why are you here?"

"He's gonna make you suffer."

"Who? That Baekyun?!"

He stepped on my feet and ran. I stopped for a minute. It's one of Baekhyun's men. What is he doing here? What is he up to again? Wasn't what they did enough? They almost killed me.

It took me time to realize... I looked at the direction he ran off to. "Shit. Jennie."

--
Annyeong guys!! Sorry for this lame chapter but when exam's done, I promise I'll make a good one😄 One more day to go!🎉

Thanks for all of your votes and comments! I'm gonna say this again and again, I really appreciate it guys, thank you so much!😘

I'll always do my best. Hwaiting!💓