Two Sides of the Same Coin

Y/n POV

As I talked with the others and cracked jokes, mostly at the expense of a certain American asshole who was completely obliterated by my roasting recently. A text came through from Akeno.

Ravel: "what's up?"

Y/n: "Akeno needs me for something, I'm gonna head over and see what's up."

The others were a bit skeptical, considering its Akeno, it was no surprise. But I walked out and headed to the shrine that she wanted to meet at.

I arrived roughly fifteen minutes later and started up the copious amount of stairs.

When I got roughly halfway up, I saw Akeno with her Shinto priestess outfit.

Akeno: "Hey, Y/n!"

I smiled and walked a bit faster to catch up to her.

Y/n: "what's up? Why'd ya call me out here?"

Akeno just smiled and pulled me up the rest of the stairs.

Akeno: "there's someone that wants to meet you."

I nodded and followed her. When we reached the top, I stopped outside of the gate.

Akeno: "it's perfectly safe, Y/n."

Y/n: "alright."

I cautiously stepped through and was relieved to find that she wasn't lying. I walked for a bit and looked around.

Y/n: "nice, so who is it that wants to see me?"

???: "that'd be me, young Phoenix."

I turned and saw a bright, cross shaped light shining from literally nowhere. A few seconds later, a man with long blonde hair and twelve golden angel wings appeared.

???: "Greetings, I am the Archangel, Michael."

Y/n: "so you're the one who's in charge of heaven?"

Michael smiled.

Michael: "yes, that's correct."

Akeno then led he and I inside of the shrine and we sat down.

Nothing was said for an uncomfortable amount of time. Then Michael spoke.

Michael: "I have a few things that I'd like to say, Y/n. First, I am truly sorry for what happened recently. I understand that you don't wish to talk about it. But know that you have my condolences."

I was slightly saddened at the reminder, but I hid it as best as I could.

Michael: "second, I'd like to give you something."

My interest was now piqued. An angel offering something to a Devil? This was gonna be good.

He held out his hands and a bright light appeared, from it came a sword with a rather intricate design.

Michael: "this is the holy sword Ascalon, the dragon slayer. I'd like you to have it."

I nodded and stood up, holding out my arm, I could feel the holy magic burning my fingers as it got closer.

Tyrrial: "try fusing it with one of your sacred gears. It might reduce the pain."

I nodded and summoned Nerolyth. I'd recently discovered that I could summon my sacred gears as any piece of armour I wanted. So I summoned her as a Gauntlet. I grasped the sword with my right hand and focussed.

Nerolyth: "just focus on the wavelength of your power. Match it to that of the sword and voila, we've got access to a whole new arsenal!"

I did as she instructed and matched my wavelength to the sword. In another blinding flash of light, the sword disappeared.