A Broken Family

Kresus' castle lay in ruins in the empty void. Debris was scattered all over. At the epicentre of it all, a charred outline of where Samael, the first Devil once was. He used up all of the energy he had left to completely wipe out the dimension and send everything spiralling into the dimensional gap.

Kresus however, was not dead. It would have been a bonus, but Samael's ultimate goal was never to kill Kresus. Only to wound her, and he had done just that.

The goddess threw rubble away frantically looking for the devil. She found nothing, there was no body. He had been completely destroyed by the blast.

???: "well well well, if it isn't Kresus."

The goddess looked up to see Vali and his crew from the Khaos Brigade.

Kresus: "Lucifer..."

???: "this is the Goddess of eternal night? I must say I'm not Impressed."

???: "you're mean big brother!"

Vali: "Arthur, Le Fay. Could you two zip it?"

Arthur: "sorry, Vali."

Le Fay: "sorry..."

Vali: "what happened here?"

Kresus: "...leave."

Vali smirked at the goddess.

Vali: "nah, I'm fine right here."

Kresus: "LEAVE! YOU VILE INGRATE!!"

Vali laughed before he and the other two vanished. As the group left, Kresus weeped. She had lost the one thing she wanted more than anything in the world.

Back at Y/n's house there was despair hanging heavy in the air. Y/n hadn't spoken a word to anyone for the past few hours. Allia had given him the photo that Samael sent back to them.

He sat on his bed, his expression completely unreadable. His heart shattered into tiny pieces.

The girls would come in to try and comfort him, it did nothing. Although he and Samael only knew each other for a few months, it still sent a shockwave of unparalleled proportions through Y/n's entire being. He had truly lost another part of himself.

Trinity: "Y/n. You ok?"

Y/n: "..."

Trinity then did something unusual. A bright white light shone in front of the broken Phoenix. It then took on a more human shape.

 It then took on a more human shape